2006 CTsw Tundra Tire Upgrade - $6,200.00 ***WHAT***

liltaka

Andy, maybe a fiberglass project?  Now that you're Experimental, I'm wondering how much work it would take to modify your wheel pants to fit the larger mains?  I basically rebuilt my Tundra pants where the washers worked thru the pant and also reinforced the inside of the pant where the tires kicked up crap and broke the back inside of the pant.  You have a good anchor at the gear leg to keep the pant aligned while you cut and rework the rest.  Glass is pretty easy to work with and form and it's a pretty small part. How about forming a Styrofoam shape that you'd like to end up with which nests over the tire and use this to build up and form your fender on.  Cover the foam with the fine cloth that prevents the resin from adhering or don't use this and just clean out the foam after the resin cures.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Andy, maybe a fiberglass project?  Now that you're Experimental, I'm wondering how much work it would take to modify your wheel pants to fit the larger mains?  I basically rebuilt my Tundra pants where the washers worked thru the pant and also reinforced the inside of the pant where the tires kicked up crap and broke the back inside of the pant.  You have a good anchor at the gear leg to keep the pant aligned while you cut and rework the rest.  Glass is pretty easy to work with and form and it's a pretty small part. How about forming a Styrofoam shape that you'd like to end up with which nests over the tire and use this to build up and form your fender on.  Cover the foam with the fine cloth that prevents the resin from adhering or don't use this and just clean out the foam after the resin cures.

That is not a bad idea.  I'd probably build some up from scratch rather than modify mine.  That way if I ever sold I could include the original fairings with it.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived