CTLS Generator failure in flight

flyerg1000

Niels, you mentioned that you downloaded the trouble shooting list. Not sure if it was this one but if so, others may want to download this: ROAN_Generator troubleshooting.pdf

I know you've gone thru the wire connections but might want to really make sure that the connections in the mulit-pin regulator plug are fully connected and making good connections to the regulator. I have added a tie wrap to each end of the connector to "cinch" this to the regulator and insure that it remains fully engaged and doesn't "walk" out of the regulator.

Dick

You hit the nail on the head !

After having an LS on the tarmac which failed to "charge" right after start up I examined the black plug reg/rec more closely. I found after pushing the plug in to the socket and the two plastic tabs go click the plug should be fully in but it is not. You can push the plug in a further three mm. Two cable ties each end of the plug, as suggested, secures the position and stops any walking.

The generator did spring back to live immediately and has not missed a "Volt" since, after a number of flights and many start ups.

I wonder how many Ducatis have been replaced for similar reasons?

I would certainly recommend this "little gem" for any unexplained and intermittent charging reg/rec problems.

All Credit to you "Top Gun" Run to eat.

Niels

Archived