Lawsuit - Go Figure...

Admin

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For clarity and safety, and the short bus riders, I'm going to post this here, and make it a permanent post elsewhere. It is the best visual explanation of the CT fuel system, and the inherent issues associated with dual wing tanks. This is not an exact representation of the CT system, but close enough. The CTLSi is a bit different, but the header tank mitigates some of the uneven fuel flow and slosh issues. Tim

gasnormal.png

gastilt.png

I see the baffles in the second drawing. My question is regarding the fact that (in the drawing) the baffles don't seem to be doing anything to prevent fuel from heading outboard (which is the purpose afaik). Baffling? :unsure:

Its not hard to fly a CT in a slip, the CT drawing may be indicating that some of the fuel outboard of the baffle never made it inboard.

The baffle can only prevent fuel moving outboard not remaining outboard and I don' think they even do that. I think all they do is slow the rate of fuel moving outboard. If they prevented transfer outboard as you got low you cold slip to move the fuel inboard until the little inboard compartment is full and then level out and have full sight tubes. This doesn't happen the fuel flows through the baffle in both directions.

You guys were pretty easy on our "victim"... 'not so much over at the Pilots of America thread...

Interesting thread on what looks to be an interesting forum.

In any case, interesting reading below, if it has not already been linked here:

http://www.publications.ojd.state.or.us/docs/S44863.htm

Just one relevant assertion:

"A judgment was entered in California against him in the amount of $34,000 for malicious prosecution."

Archived