FS: (Attached) SwitchBox Remote Control for Cold Flying Ops

switchbox

• 3 weeks later...

The New Version3+ Switchbox is here

We've spent a few months making an upgrade that everyone has been asking for.

1. LED indicators on the plugs

2. Higher Power Handling (More Watts/Amps)

Same Version3 SwitchBox circuit as before but with custom made LED plugs for us, with 12AWG copper wire inside which will allow a higher Amp Draw than before. The look and feel is much more industrial than the old 16AWG power cords and feels very good in your hand.

This option is just $25 more and well worth it.

If interested, Send me a PM or email to:

support@switchboxcontrol.com

PHL_5370SwitchBoxLED20131206PhillipAngert.jpg

PHL_5387SwitchBoxLED20131206PhillipAngert.jpg

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I have had a couple of years of totally dependable service from my SwitchBox to turn the Tanis preheater on and off on N44BZ at the hangar 30 miles away.  Then 3 weeks ago I did the turn on by phone and 8 hours later went to the hangar expecting a nice, pre-warmed engine…only to find the SwitchBox had not turned on.  Tried several times standing in front of it both by calling my number and texting it "ON"…no luck.  Checked antenna, etc.  All good.  Contacted TMobile tech support, the cell service carrier; they suggested removing the SIM card for at least 10 seconds, then reinstalling it.  The tech said that this solves these sorts of problems "almost all the time".  He was so right.  Did the SIM card remove-reinstall and the unit is working perfectly again.  So, if anyone encounters this problem remove the SIM card.  It requires the front cover of the SwitchBox to be taken off.  The SIM card is in a plastic holder that slides up about 1/8 inch to engage a plastic hinge and then swings up allowing removal of the SIM card.  Look at it under a bright light and magnifying glass and you will see the imprinted arrow and "OPEN" on the left side and "CLOSE" on the right side of the plastic housing.  Easy.  

• 11 months later...

I just wanted to post a great experience with Switchbox support. I was having some issues with my couple-year-old unit and Phil responded right away over the weekend. We went back and forth until he led me to the SIM card which I had replaced but didn't insert properly. It's great when a company backs up its products with quality support. Happy Holidays to everyone.

Archived