Odyssey Battery PC310 Cheap

CT4ME

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once upon a time I had time to document. Now I'm too busy either working or on several forums or writing articles. Documenting now days would mean that I would be on the computer 24/7 with as many forums that I'm on. It's a good education for others to do their own research. I spent many years doing it, time to rest and let someone else pick up the documentation torch.

Once upon a time I had time to document. Now I'm too busy either working or on several forums or writing articles. Documenting now days would mean that I would be on the computer 24/7 with as many forums that I'm on. It's a good education for others to do their own research. I spent many years doing it, time to rest and let someone else pick up the documentation torch.

You're doing too many hose changes. That's why.

Jacques,

Thanks for the link, I've printed it for future use.

Also nice discussion on ROAN.

Unfortunately, the increase in hangar rent at MPO has caused me to move to an unheated hangar at FWN.

I will be installing a Reiff heating unit for the Rotax 912 to keep the oil and cylinders warm and moisture at bay..

About battery life. I've had an Odyssey in my Challenger II LSS CWS, which is for sale, since 2008. It's kept on a battery maintainer and still cranks great.

Hi Rich -- I don't know if you're in the market for a battery for your Sting yet but my original Varta lasted about 4.5 years. I replaced it with an equivalent motorcycle battery from Interstate (which is now on the TL approved list). Less than half the price of the Odyssey.

Dave,

No need for a new battery as yet. My original is just a year old.

I'm interested in what you've found. Can you give me the Interstate # for when the time comes?

Where can I find the TL approval list?

Thanks,

Rich

• 6 months later...

Old topic but thought I'd add an update to keep the history of the discussion.

My plane had set for around 3 weeks and I went out to do a little pattern work before taking a short trip.  Missed the step to fire up the aux pump for 5 seconds so my S3 didn't start on the first try.  Let it sit for a few minutes, then tried again.  Prop spun but still now joy.  Let it cool down again -- still no luck.  4th time it was pretty clear the battery was having troubles.  Put the battery on the charger, came back 8 hrs later and battery wasn't charged.  Came back the next day and the battery reported fully charged.  Plane started up but just barely.

2 years on the Interstate battery which is way below my expectations.

Ordered a PC310 from Apex for $115 (which is now only $20 more than the interstate).

The PC310 isn't quite a drop in physical replacement as it is around 1/2" shorter in length and maybe 1/16" wider but was able to fit it snugly in the current battery holder with minor bods  Did take a page from FastEddie's book and noted that polarity is reversed on the two batteries.  Easily solved by mounting the PC310 backwards.

PC310 was not fully charged (registered 11.8v) but easily started my plane.

How about, "I didn't want to pull a Fast Eddie!"

Good to know my blunders may outlive me.

I was a bit paranoid about this one and had my daughter assist me. I'm pretty sure I verified with her four times that we had hooked it up right :)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just ordered from Apex using NEW8. That reduced the battery price from $145 to 133.40. But, add shipping and it's right back up there to $144.61. Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick!! :thumbs_up-3334:

My battery came with my plane so it is 9 years old. Replacing it as a pre-emptive strike. 

Archived