The wait is almost over

paul m

I'm afraid to post the empty weight. You know what will happen to this thread.

You could start a new thread. I would not be motivated to rub your nose in this issue because you have not made the many baseless claims.

At this point performance and usefulness issues remain mostly claims and predictions making such a discussion pretty valuable.

If I read the manual right it said 380Kg. It's still at FDUSA so I can't doublecheck it. I think FD Gmbh are afraid to show it in pounds:) I figure I will keep it at about 10 gallons a side so that a random 200 pounder can fly with me. Anyone over 200 pounds, you're out of luck. Of course specific flights will have specific fuel, I'm just referring to leaving it in the hangar for the random sunday breakfast flight. I suspect I will not often fill it to the top as that would require taking some back off if my next flight ends up with a passenger. Thankfully it's a plane you can fuel yourself. Working this out with 100LL FBO fuel truck would be a real pain. Net Net I will definitely have to be mindful of fuel load when starting and ending every flight. The price you pay I guess when you want the fancy options.

If I read the manual right it said 380Kg. It's still at FDUSA so I can't doublecheck it. I think FD Gmbh are afraid to show it in pounds:) I figure I will keep it at about 10 gallons a side so that a random 200 pounder can fly with me. Anyone over 200 pounds, you're out of luck. Of course specific flights will have specific fuel, I'm just referring to leaving it in the hangar for the random sunday breakfast flight. I suspect I will not often fill it to the top as that would require taking some back off if my next flight ends up with a passenger. Thankfully it's a plane you can fuel yourself. Working this out with 100LL FBO fuel truck would be a real pain. Net Net I will definitely have to be mindful of fuel load when starting and ending every flight. The price you pay I guess when you want the fancy options.

Good looking airplane.

Congratulations Paul.

If I read the manual right it said 380Kg. It's still at FDUSA so I can't doublecheck it. I think FD Gmbh are afraid to show it in pounds:)

I tried to calculate it in pounds, but my calculator doesn't seem to go up that high!

Seriously, if misery loves company, my Sky Arrow's empathy weight is...

(gotta love that autocorrect!)

Anyway my EMPTY weight is 861 lbs, and I weigh about 185. And it's livable, for me and Karen and full fuel (only 18 gals) and a bit of baggage. Wish I had more useful load, but so it goes.

Just leave however much fuel behind so as to not exceed 1320 lbs and you should be good to go for most normal missions.

And enjoy!

CK,

Why exaggerate every single number? 833 & 837 are your empty weights not 810. You had 70 hours and now down to 60? Your loading can only be true if your clubs and luggage weight less than 25 lbs. 3.5 gph is likely throttled back quite a bit for your flying in NV though it might be achievable if flying in MA. You bother to point at pilots weights so you should mention that your pilot weights less than 90lbs.

I'm excited! I guessed 835 (my 2012 CTLS was 810, the "i" was supposed to add 20 and I allowed 5 extra for the very fine Jubilee package!). So from my 2006 CTSW which had a useful load of 600 pounds, this bird will have a useful load of 483 pounds. The price of progress since 2006 is 117 pounds! I weigh 190, 20 gallons (I never do more than a 3 hour leg so 20 gallons is ample) weighs 120, my wife weighs 130... That leaves 43 pounds for baggage... IM GOOD FOR MY PRIMARY MISSION~ :D

Seriously, the pics look nice, I'm happy you have yours almost home... Based on your serial number I'm 5 months behind you (unless the pace picked up).

Very few graphics on the 3 top silver fiberboard panels (no graphics on the middle at all). I think when mine comes in I will use a 3M self adhesive carbon fiber skin to "dress up" the panel a bit.

Archived