Trutrak Lighting

mocfly

Does anyone know if the led display brightness is adjustable?

What about backlighting? We have never had the unit lit at night, we do have the night package.

Thanks

You must have the old version. They had a black and white LCD display version for a while, before they switched to a green backlit one. Call trutrak and ask.

I am speaking about my autopilot.

According to the prints there are 2 voltage inputs 12/24v and must go thru a potentiometer.

Of course I don't see them wired in on my "GREAT" prints, which don't match the "as built " plane.

I will call Trutrak.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like the lighting was never wired in. Wire marked and just waiting to be soldered to the dimmer.

Geez. Seems like we are always finding ***** like this. Sometimes I think were better off just pulling the entire wiring apart and starting over.

I just hate it!

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like you're talking about the ADI Pilot II. The lighting for that instrument needs a simple potentiometer. There is a pin for a 12v dimmer or a 24v dimmer. Use whichever one is the same voltage as the bus in your plane. Please note, 0 volts or an open on that line will result in maximum LED display intensity and zero internal lighting intensity. 12v on that line will result in maximum LED display intensity and maximum internal lighting intensity.

For those of you with Digiflight II autopilots, there is a contrast adjustment and a minimum backlight adjustment in the controller. Simply hold the knob in while turning on the autopilot master and you will see the contrast setting. Adjust with the knob, press the knob to advanced to the minimum backlight setting. The minimum backlight setting lets you adjust how far down the backlight will dim in low light conditions. I hope this helps!!!

Archived