Rotax home country

Patrnflyr

After reading another forum that is a "general" SP forum, there's been a lot of arguing about LSA and the Rotax coming from Austria instead of USA. I'm so angry at this "forum" that I don't even want to join so I can rebut!!! They argue and argue and rehash and rehash over the same garbage about how a Rotax is "foreign made" etc and they're never going to fly a snowmobile engine. It's getting old. Did anybody else notice recently that the principal holder of Bombardier nowadays is the USA with a share greater than 50%? I saw that on CNBC a couple of weeks ago. So, if any of you think we're flying a "foreign engine", just remember that Americans own more of it that any other country. Just had to vent, sorry

John

PS I don't know why I even waste my time reading that forum.

Hi John,

I did read that person and have on other forums where some uninformed idiot rants about something he knows nothing about. If someone on those other forums ask a question in a civil manner I will answer and even debate some so long as it is civil, but you have to know that there are some people out there that just don't get it, but it's their right to be ignorant and closed minded and those people I never get into debates with. It's like talking to the wall and a complete waste of anyones time trying to talk to them,. So I never respond to anyone lashing out at me or another person.

Just figure it's beneath you and let the person go on. Once you respond to a person like that they will go on and on, so the best course to take is none at all and let it die right there.

Hope this makes you feel a little better. ;)

The problem I have with the internet, in general, and especially this particular forum is that those people you describe can sometimes come across as an expert and he'll change the minds of 100's of people who are sitting on the fence as "guests". Then, a year later, there are hundreds of people who "hate" Rotax and wouldn't be caught dead in a snowmobile engine, etc." Heck, my son didn't want to fly in my "unicycle" as he called it. (He's an airline left seat with 6000hrs). After a few early morning flights at sunrise and beautiful cruising, he's changed his mind completely. Unfortunately, we can't give rides to the entire pilot population.

John

Patrnflyr,

I would refer to any detractor in the use of Rotax engines as ‘Luddites’. If they care to look up the definition they will find…..

–noun

a member of any of various bands of workers in England (1811–16) organized to destroy manufacturing machinery, under the belief that its use diminished employment

Change the time and location and it pretty well fits their mentality.

I’m old enough to remember the dawn of Japanese technology to the motor industry during the 60’s and remember the derogatory remarks about their motorbikes but it wasn’t long before they eclipsed the European market with their superior engine technology and then went on to cars. By the way, I drive a Honda.

If the Rotax engine is good enough for the Predator UAV at 25,000 feet carrying million dollar spy equipment and also carrying a couple of Hellfire missiles then what do I care at 2,ooo feet carrying my sandwiches! Let the detractors ask the two Swiss aviators about Rotax, it would be interesting to hear the results of that conversation.

Mac

Its good we can choose to argue with whomever, whenever....However, kind of like Roger L said, let it go...To Each Their Own...and you know what they say about opinions: They're like AHoles, Everybody has one...Or, when one points a finger at someone else, three point back.....Just be above it all. People know a winner when they see it and ROTAX is a winner, when it is maintained. So what do you think about building a Mosque at Ground Zero....no don't go there, just funnin...

Archived