Vortex Generators

Anticept

I have 2007 CTSW and a 2007 Challenger II with hks 700 engine, installed VG's on my Challenger does help with slower speeds and lowers stall speeds a few MPH or Knots whichever you like, all research says it helps most airfoils, on a CT who knows. You could try sticking some on with two sided tape and see what happens I would be interested not sure about everyone else????

I have 2007 CTSW and a 2007 Challenger II with hks 700 engine, installed VG's on my Challenger does help with slower speeds and lowers stall speeds a few MPH or Knots whichever you like, all research says it helps most airfoils, on a CT who knows. You could try sticking some on with two sided tape and see what happens I would be interested not sure about everyone else????

Where would you stick them? How large and how far apart? Are there any dangers to VGs? Things like this, I don't have answers for.

Go online and you will find out where and how to install them, each wing is different but I put mine on the highest part of the the wing about 4 inches from leading edge and about 2 inches apart all the way across the wing and some on bottom of elevator too. Never saw any real negatives about them.

• 2 years later...

I know this is an older thread but wondering if anyone has installed VG's yet and what was the outcome. For those that are in the experimental category maybe putting VG's on will allow someone to do the -12 degree flap mod and still remain in the light sport category while maintaining the 45 knot stall speed???

Archived