If you could change One thing about you CT

coppercity

I have been on a few forums with people that have tried them and then taken them off. I would leave the mixture control on the Rotax alone. You can scuff and or score a piston and rings before any temp will be fast enough to alert you. If you live and fly at 10'K all the time then a mixture reduction may be prudent, but if you fly from low altitudes then high you may be looking for trouble one day and it would only take about 5-15 seconds to cost $4k-$10K. The Hacman system has been around for a long time and there is a reason they are not main stream or real popular.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since I've had my CTLS for about 6 weeks and thoroughly read the POH, if I could change one thing, I'd like it to be legal for NIGHT VFR. I've asked Flight Design about this, but no response yet. Previous generic POH downloaded from FD website indicates DAY & NIGHT VFR are approved, but not my POH (which I believe I must adhere to). Anyone else have this issue?

Since I've had my CTLS for about 6 weeks and thoroughly read the POH, if I could change one thing, I'd like it to be legal for NIGHT VFR. I've asked Flight Design about this, but no response yet. Previous generic POH downloaded from FD website indicates DAY & NIGHT VFR are approved, but not my POH (which I believe I must adhere to). Anyone else have this issue?

That is interesting, my 2009 LS specifically allows for day or night VFR in section 2.6 "other limitations" assuming your appropriately rated.

I did review the latest AOI a few months back for FD and had questioned that limitation, I thought they had fixed it prior to release. Should not be a problem as long as the position lights are installed and your at least a private pilot.

• 1 month later...

Doc Ron has got it right....

constant speed or in flight variable prop is great.

adds a whole new dimension of versatility; proven, and reliable.

what are you being protected from, apart from speeding, climbing, and cruising? :unsure:

Archived