Has NASA lost its way?

Ed Cesnalis

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I come to the Page Fly-In I will be unarmed.  I will only bring the wife and a LIttle John.

After much of the controversy you seem to leave in a trail behind many of your comments do you think that's wise?

Trail?  Laughing.  Brits will NEVER understand that we Americans have a RIGHT to own and use weapons.  That right was defined early directly and because the Brits burst into homes and took firearms, food, and even lives whenver they wanted.  After the Americans beat the Brits in the war the issue was settled.

When the country was setup US citizens vowed government abuse of citizens would never happen again, an oppressive government bursting onto private property violating rights.

Ironic considering the Germans were trying pretty hard to subjugate the Brits to just that kind of oppression and we Americans saved Britain from that fate.  So that decades later the Brits could strip their own guns rights away anyway.

I am proud to be an American citizen and proud of my inherited rights under the US constitution.  We in the USA don't care that other countries don't get that or even want the same freedoms and rights.  But we in the USA always defend others who do want them if they ask us to help out.

I would use inalinable rights, but that's just me. Racking up my posts , pretty soon I'll be an expert Pilot !

Cheers.

Oh dear Oh dear

I think CTLSi has conclusively proved that some Americans just don't do irony!

If you look at my comment, you'll see that I actually suggested you might want to go armed.

I'm not sure where I said anything that justified your response?

FWIW I absolutely support your rights to uphold your constitution (even though on a purely personal view I think your gun laws are barmy) - you elect your government, they implement their manifesto.

Still I won't labour the point - I'd hate to fall out with anyone!

My question - if I explain why one religion is bad and another is good, but I do it in "Random Thoughts", is that OK?  Are my views on John Boehner, Harry Reid, gun control, abortion, gay marriage and marijuana legalization all OK in "Random Thoughts"? 

If we are here because this is CT FLIER, then I don't see why overt political commentary (unrelated to flying) is useful. We see, clearly, that it divides people and disrupts the shared goal of furthering our common interest in flying.

When I go to Vans Airforce and I read the RV12 pages, I don't read about Muslims and Obamacare.  And I think that site is better-off because of it.

Fred, if you can tie them into something aviation related go right ahead and post them up, it is OK with me.

I looked back through this thread, and can't find where you are reading about Muslims and Obamacare. I see the words used in sentences just like your, but no discussion.

Looking back CTLSi turned things partisan, up to that point we were on topic, although the lead in about Muslims was irrelevant to the story presented.

I agree that CTLSi overstepped the boundries with his post, but I also think MovingOn way overstepped by calling people racist.

Tom, on the first page of this thread on my computer, I see "Muslims", "Obama", "Democrats", "Global Warming", and "Obamacare".  For me, it sets a tone that is not compatible with cooperation among light sport airplane pilots looking for aviaition knowledge and discussion. 

Also, I don't think I have ever objected to discussions of politics or issues that are directly related to the kind of flying we do.  What I am put off by (and think is harmful to CT FLIER) are gratuitious criticisms of any one political party (see above and elsewhere on this forum) or issue (see above and elsewhere on this forum) or religion (see above and elsewhere on this forum). 

Hi Fred,

I agree. We should get back to flying commentary. This one has no redeeming quality and not really germane to our LSA flying.

This is a good thread to roll up and forget about. It would be nice if there are no other post after this one and someone starts a new thread under random thoughts about our flying.

Oh dear Oh dear

I think CTLSi has conclusively proved that some Americans just don't do irony!

If you look at my comment, you'll see that I actually suggested you might want to go armed.

I'm not sure where I said anything that justified your response?

FWIW I absolutely support your rights to uphold your constitution (even though on a purely personal view I think your gun laws are barmy) - you elect your government, they implement their Ymanifesto.

Still I won't labour the point - I'd hate to fall out with anyone!

I got it Ian, humor is not lost on ALL Americans. I LOL'ed, in fact.

Hi Fred,

I agree. We should get back to flying commentary. This one has no redeeming quality and not really germane to our LSA flying.

This is a good thread to roll up and forget about. It would be nice if there are no other post after this one and someone starts a new thread under random thoughts about our flying.

Tom, on the first page of this thread on my computer, I see "Muslims", "Obama", "Democrats", "Global Warming", and "Obamacare".  For me, it sets a tone that is not compatible with cooperation

Agreed, none of those things engender cooperation or harmony. :D

Sorry, you set that one up too perfectly! All in good fun, I mean nothing by it...really!

• 1 month later...

NASA Admits to Selling Discount Fuel to Google Execs

"Senator Grassley still wants NASA to get back those millions that taxpayers subsidized for the lower cost fuel, but NASA says it's not possible. In the letter, Statler says “NASA does not have an avenue to pursue payments in excess of its full cost to provide the fuel under the earlier agreements with H2-11, as suggested by the inspector general.”

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/investigations/NASA-Admits-to-Selling-Discount-Fuel-to-Google-Execs-248922181.html

$2.34 / gallon to fly to Hawaii.  I do not believe that it is not possible to recoup this give away of tax payer money.  I guess its not possible to hold anyone responsible? There would have to be a smidgen of corruption first I guess. 

NASA Admits to Selling Discount Fuel to Google Execs

"Senator Grassley still wants NASA to get back those millions that taxpayers subsidized for the lower cost fuel, but NASA says it's not possible. In the letter, Statler says “NASA does not have an avenue to pursue payments in excess of its full cost to provide the fuel under the earlier agreements with H2-11, as suggested by the inspector general.”

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/investigations/NASA-Admits-to-Selling-Discount-Fuel-to-Google-Execs-248922181.html

$2.34 / gallon to fly to Hawaii.  I do not believe that it is not possible to recoup this give away of tax payer money.  I guess its not possible to hold anyone responsible? There would have to be a smidgen of corruption first I guess. 

Why would they do that ? It is documented so there is no doubt it happened, but it makes no sense.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Archived