Article about Flight Design growth

CT4ME

I do quite a bit if business in Kiev and, for the most part, businesses are running normally. The biggest issue is the shutdown of public transit. High-tech companies are encouraging their employees to work from home and are also using private buses to shuttle their employees.

Dave,

Now that Putin has invaded what's does he do next?  Split the Ukraine?   Head for the southern and western borders and see if there is any resistance?  Putin does mourn for the glory days of the USSR and it is hard for me to see what is stopping him.

I have been suspecting that FD enlarged their German plant because they could see the writing on the wall.  Will the cost of FD aircraft go up?

CT -- can't predict the long term prognosis for business in the Ukraine any better than other layman.

As to today's business, I get daily Business Continuity Reports. Synopsis from yesterday:

Ladies and Gentlemen:

According to our Business Continuity Plan we would like to inform you about the result of our daily monitoring.

28th  February, 8:00 PM CET/2:00 PM ET

All our delivery centers across the country are operating normally.

The situation in the Kiev city center is returning to normal condition day-by-day. The tensions in Crimea do not represent a risk for [Company Name Removed] business continuity.

I suspect that German political leadership is well aware of the many interests German businesses have in the Ukraine (not to mention the need for Russian natural gas).  Plus, Russia is not doing all that well economically and has seen a sharp decline in its stock values during this crisis.  These factors may prevent full meltdown of Ukranian commerce. 

• 3 weeks later...

As I understand it the airframe, wings, and other carbon fiber parts are built in the Ukraine.

Yes, I know. Kherson is in the province of Ukraine adjacent to Crimea. Quite a bit of pro-Russia agitation going on there, from what I hear. So even if we aren't in the market for a new CT, we might be affected by the situation. Current CT owners could have difficulty obtaining airframe parts if the situation deteriorates further.

Archived