New...kind of old news...but we both passed our check ride!

liltaka

It is definitely a great news for us...!?  But, not too sure if it is a good news for everyone or not...pleae becareful, newbies are flying...  Actually, we had our license for a little while, my wife passed hers at the end of Nov 2013.  Then, I passed mine on 12/27...Yes, don't mention it...she is better than me.  Somehow I passed mine, but close call...I will forever be a co-pilot / navigator when we fly together...:-(

I was hoping to plan a trips to see CT owners close to us...If you are interested in meeting us.  Please contact me at anytime!  We are based out of KIGQ (Lansing, IL) and we are looking forward to fly more in spring time.

BTW...we did finally flew into Olney / Noble and saw Tom Baker!  Hello Tom, thanks for all the tips and sorry we had to keep our CT at your hangar for a long time...

Well everyone, we are still as excited as our first day and still happy flying!

Congratulations!

Plug Copperhill, TN (1A3) into your flight planning software of choice - I think you'll find it's a reasonable distance (422 nm per WingXPro7) to start branching out, and it would be easy to mark off TN, GA and NC as states you've landed in.

No CT here, but we might be able to get some of the local owners together for a Meet & Greet.

Again, congrats and fly safe!

Congratulations!

Plug Copperhill, TN (1A3) into your flight planning software of choice - I think you'll find it's a reasonable distance (422 nm per WingXPro7) to start branching out, and it would be easy to mark off TN, GA and NC as states you've landed in.

No CT here, but we might be able to get some of the local owners together for a Meet & Greet.

Again, congrats and fly safe!

If he will fly to Copperhill, then I will too and you'll have a CT there.  Problem solved!   :)

Congrats liltaka...I don't think you'll always be co-pilot, you guys just need some more time flying.  Hey, did you ever hear from FD about putting the big tires on without changing the nose gear?  I know you were pursuing that with the factory.

Thanks everyone! FastEddieB. We will consider your offer and we will definitely consider 1A3. Also, MrMorden. I did talk to FD about leaving front tire and upgrade mains...but FDUSA believe FD Germany will not approve the installation since prop will be little closer to the ground. Then again, we decide that original tires will service us fine and decided to leave it alone. In the way, I do understand FD Germany's point of view on this subject. Anyhow, we need more flying time before making any more alterations. We will surely contact you when the weather gets better for us to fly down to 1A3...

List is growing and we cannot wait. Iowa City, CopperHill, then Page Arizona!

Thanks everyone! FastEddieB. We will consider your offer and we will definitely consider 1A3. Also, MrMorden. I did talk to FD about leaving front tire and upgrade mains...but FDUSA believe FD Germany will not approve the installation since prop will be little closer to the ground. Then again, we decide that original tires will service is fine and decided to leave it alone. In the way, I do understand FD Germany's point of view on this subject. Anyhow, we need more flying time before making any more alterations. We will surely contact you when the weather gets better for us to fly down to 1A3...

List is growing and we cannot wait. Iowa City, CopperHill, then Page Arizona!

Hmm, they will approve a Sensenich 68" prop that puts it 1.5" closer to the ground, but not the tires that will move it maybe 1" closer...?  Ah well.

Hmm, they will approve a Sensenich 68" prop that puts it 1.5" closer to the ground, but not the tires that will move it maybe 1" closer...?  Ah well.

One additional info...it was a while ago, so pleae forgive me...

FDUSA also said smaller front tire will slightly change take off angle.  It may not necessary change take off charactoristics, but FD Germany have to do extensive test since angle is changed.  In all, I kind do understand since I do work within the automobile industry and any changes equal to extensive test even for automobile.  When I learn this, I do understand that is best to leave it alone...

Congratulations!

If your headed to see FastEddie take some time and stop in @KCHA for some local fare.

If you can't make it down I hope you can make it to AirVenture 2014.

Best of luck and remember what you hold is a liscence to learn.

FDUSA also said smaller front tire will slightly change take off angle.  It may not necessary change take off charactoristics, but FD Germany have to do extensive test since angle is changed.  In all, I kind do understand since I do work within the automobile industry and any changes equal to extensive test even for automobile.  When I learn this, I do understand that is best to leave it alone...

What size front tire are you referring to?

I understand the concept and the tendency for an overabundance of caution, but...  My airplane flies itself off at 50 knots or so, if it does so at 52 knots instead I don't think it would make much difference.  Or you can help it along with a little stick back pressure.  The very slight change in wing angle on the ground does not seem to justify "extensive" flight testing, especially for something that might not make any change at all.  

But it's their airplane, they make the rules.

I just full power it and full back pressure until the nose wheel lifts off, and then hold it there until it leaves the ground. Less nose tire wear, less strut wear, and less debris.

So basically a soft field takeoff.  Makes sense, it just feels better to me if I hold the elevator neutral and let the airplane decide when to lift off.  I guess you have to push over a bit after liftoff to keep speed adequate...can't hold full back pressure forever.  :) 

I let the plane decide when to take off but with a bit of back pressure so I am taking off from a slight nose high attitude.  The light pressure on the nose saves the gear and tire wear.

Once my mains come up I begin releasing the back pressure looking for what feels like a nose low, high speed, helicopter like climb from the runway.

Archived