New touch screen Skyview

Patrnflyr

Yeah i saw the announcement on dynon earlier today.

I don't like touchscreen. Gets smudgey.

The anti glare screens really don't get smudges. And I have found you can really only see screen smudges when the screen is off; when lit the smudges are invisible. Unless you have been handling chocolate bars in 90 degree heat before using. :)

Yeaaaah that doesn't work for me. It's bad enough on my ipad, i easily notice smudges when others don't and it's extremely distracting.

When it's lit?  I'm very sensitive to that kind of stuff, and I don't see them.  Maybe turn up your brightness?

Anyway, everybody has different preferences.  The nice thing about the MGL iEFIS and the new Skyview is they are optional in the use of the touchscreen.

The new touchscreen unit is both a touchscreen and the knobs and buttons still function.  They will be offering a $795 upgrade, but they don't have this in 7" panels, only the 10" SV.

Personally, I'm excited about version 10 of the SV software. The things I will use are the sectional charts (I have a subscription to Seattle Avionics), the altitude intercept arc, ADS-B winds aloft, and ADS-B tail numbers.  There are many more features, but these seem to be the ones that interest me.

http://preflight.dynonavionics.com/2014/03/introducing-new-skyview-featuring.html

When it's lit?  I'm very sensitive to that kind of stuff, and I don't see them.  Maybe turn up your brightness?

Anyway, everybody has different preferences.  The nice thing about the MGL iEFIS and the new Skyview is they are optional in the use of the touchscreen.

I can see the colors being refracted and hazy font edges. It drives me nuts.

Anybody happen to see the new Skyview with touch screen? I just received an email from Aircraft Spruce about it. 1/20 the price of my G1000!

http://www.aopa.org/News-and-Video/All-News/2014/March/19/Dynon.aspx

It is great that you have a choice between using the buttons or the touch screen. I have a heck of a time, when the weather gets bumpy, with my Garmin 796, no buttons.

Cheers

Archived