A great day

FlyingMonkey

Today was just a great day. Craig and I flew from the home drone KWDR to visit a friend at Alexander City, Alabama (KALX) for lunch. 150ish NM each way. The air was clear and dead calm at cruise altitude of 4500ft, though we had to climb to 7500ft coming back to find smooth air. Winds were light and variable from 2-4 knots. Just perfect flying weather. I don't have pictures or video, but I just wanted to report on a wonderful day of flying.

And my landings were really good too!

It was a great day here in the South. One of our members took our 172 to our mechanic and I flew down to pick him up in 530CT. Not a cloud in sight and calm winds. Unfortunately my landings were pretty crummy and I am glad I didn't have my video camera. I attribute the poor landing performance to being a little tired, after returning to Chattanooga around10:30pm coming back from Ohio. I was really stressed all day as the weather was poor: ceilings around 1500 with rain and howling winds. As it was I sat in the plane for about an hour listening to the ATIS. Once the gusts subsided I left for home just before sun down, knowing the weather was good along my route and even better at home.

My uneventful night landing at KCHA will be posted sometime later today.

To confirm how nice it was yesterday, Karen snapped these enroute to Blairsville and from Blairsville to Knoxville:

14036421355_fe40a4f5a5.jpg

14056435233_3e2b3c97b7.jpg

14036879324_7d7062a6fa.jpg

14033215552_5ab2745fc0.jpg

Last one, for those familiar, is what the Cherohala Skyway looks like from above.

She also video'd two landings, which I may stitch together and post.

First video Karen took with her iPhone 5c focused too close and was not worth posting.

The arrival into Knoxville Island Home came out pretty decent, for a handheld phone.

Again, points out how slowly one can touch down with just a little wind down the runway!

Archived