Heard a "rumor" ......

ralarcon

That the CTLS, and in general CT's are designed for, "essentially",  the European market which is more generous with weight and balance figures than US. specs. for Light Sport Aircraft. Is this true or BS, of the Bull kind ?

Cheers

That the CTLS, and in general CT's are designed for, "essentially",  the European market which is more generous with weight and balance figures than US. specs. for Light Sport Aircraft. Is this true or BS, of the Bull kind ?

Cheers

I'm not sure what you mean by "more generous with weight and balance figures" .

I believe the original design was called Pegasus and it predated the US LSA rule so the design wouldn't have been for the LSA market.  Here's a 2004 model:

post-6-0-60648300-1400695930_thumb.jpg

The CTLS was a design change that was aimed at the US market, at the time the CTSWs were taking a beating when transitioning private pilots to light sport.

If you look at the FD product line today it targets various markets.

In fact there is much confusion over the categories in Europe, the topic was discussed a while back

http://ctflier.com/index.php?/topic/2238-usa-1320-eaa-1400/

but to reiterate the EASA Permit to Fly for the CTLS in Europe specifies an MAUW of 600kg (1,322.77 lbs)

I see the confusion, the answer is far from clear to me, and another question is, what is the AC, capable of ?, "Hypothetical" however useful info. in view that the most common reason for General Aviation "emergencies" is fuel starvation.

Cheers

Archived