Delivery delay and delivery problems

manuco

Hello,

I don't speak german, but google traduction (with all mistakes possible...) is your friend!!!

Here is the "copy/paste" version of the document after the google traduction... and some "settings" to make it readable... (I hope...)

Best regards,

balance sheet

That looks really strange. It's highly improbable that assets and liabilities are the same, penny for penny.

EDIT: I'm thinking of a profits and losses statement. Oops :)

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL, Anticept...do not take up accounting as a second career.   ;)

It's extremely strange for a company to ever have assets and liabilities that match exactly (bottom line exact, not line item exact). I know it's possible, but... strange.

See edit above.

Sorry Anticept, MrM is right! Assets always equal liabilities on a balance sheet, the balancing item (simplistically) is profit (or loss)

Hahahah whoops, I am thinking of a profits and losses statement. BRAINFART!

I don't mess with balance sheets, our operation is simple enough that it's unnecessary and I just let the accountants worry about the specifics. The cash flow statement is what I focus on.

It would be interesting to see the drill down on the balance sheet but on the surface it doesn't look like buyers can expect deliveries any faster than what they're seeing.  Inventory was only reduced about 10% over the year.  Receivables increased by about the same amount so this implies that they are essentially trreading water and not making much headway on the backlog.  Good news is that orders (at least by $$$) are increasing year-on-year.

They did increase capital by 50% which, presumably, went for increased production facilities.

As a general matter:

Assets = Liabilities + Equity

Equity is made up of paid in capital and retained earnings.

Assets never equal Liabilities exactly unless Equity is exactly zero.

The Balance Sheet posted is a somewhat unusual presentation by US standards, but you can see how they conflate Equity ("capital") and Liabilities

As a general matter:

Assets = Liabilities + Equity

Equity is made up of paid in capital and retained earnings.

Assets never equal Liabilities exactly unless Equity is exactly zero.

The Balance Sheet posted is a somewhat unusual presentation by US standards, but you can see how they conflate Equity ("capital") and Liabilities

Looks exactly like a US double-entry balance sheet to me.   What you'd want to know is an entry called "retained earnings".  That's what makes everything balance and tells you how much money is or isn't left at the end of the year.  You have to dig deeper into the statements to find that.

• 2 months later...
Lone Mountain at KVGT says they are taking delivery of two new CTLSi in a couple of weeks.  They also have two more on order they say will also be here in a month.

Had anything of this ever happend?

Or... do we have any deliveries this year at all?

• 3 weeks later...

I just was informed that the delivery is postpone from 31 March to 31 May, after almost one year delay of delivery.

It s amazing how FD says: sorry, we can delivery, next date is XX.XX, without any explanation. 

Monday I will send a notification for get money back, even in a trial.

I'm too tired to continue...

I just was informed that the delivery is postpone from 31 March to 31 May, after almost one year delay of delivery.

It s amazing how FD says: sorry, we can delivery, next date is XX.XX, without any explanation. 

Monday I will send a notification for get money back, even in a trial.

I'm too tired to continue...

One year is standard on a delivery, you sure you want to quit now?

I paid first for MC in June 2013. In January 2014 I was informed that FD is not able to delivery this plane. I made an option for CTLS with delivery in may 2014. I paid almost two  years ago for nothing.

I don't trust in FD at all now.

There is no any explanation from the company.

I don't know even I will get money back without lawyers.

I don't know what is the situation in USA but in Europe is a tragedy.

This was years ago but when I was searching for an LSA I plunked down a deposit on a plane and was promised delivery in 3 months.  This was moved a month at a time for several months.  The factory refused to give any details including where I was in the queue.  The same was true for many of the pilots who had deposits placed.  I punted after the 3rd delay.  The US distributor did not hesitate to refund the deposit and was very professional about it.  I then searched for a plane that was in stock and test flew a half dozen before picking my current plane.  My original order showed up at around the 14 month mark (I think).

Based on all the problems I have seen in aviation forums over the years related to deposits, wait times, and outright deception from many different manufacturers and dealers, I don't think I'd ever pay a deposit on an airplane for future delivery.  I'd tell them: "Let me know when when you have one for delivery and I'll buy it."

Deposits are really just paying current operating expenses against the expectation of future production.  Let them finance their own assembly line.  We are the consumers here, not investment bankers.

Based on all the problems I have seen in aviation forums over the years related to deposits, wait times, and outright deception from many different manufacturers and dealers, I don't think I'd ever pay a deposit on an airplane for future delivery.  I'd tell them: "Let me know when when you have one for delivery and I'll buy it."

Deposits are really just paying current operating expenses against the expectation of future production.  Let them finance their own assembly line.  We are the consumers here, not investment bankers.

Concur 100%.

Nonsense.  Flight Design is a small company.  Each plane is hand made.  A year wait for a factory plane is reasonable.  Try building one yourself, it will take you 6 or more years!

Used planes are no bargain.  Just take a look at the issues guys on this forum have with the older planes.  A new plane in warranty is a smart decision, but even a new Cirrus is at least a 10 month wait.   No aircraft manufacturer builds an inventory of planes, especially if you want to pick your avionics options.

These things are not cars.

Nonsense.  Flight Design is a small company.  Each plane is hand made.  A year wait for a factory plane is reasonable.  Try building one yourself, it will take you 6 or more years!

Used planes are no bargain.  Just take a look at the issues guys on this forum have with the older planes.  A new plane in warranty is a smart decision, but even a new Cirrus is at least a 10 month wait.   No aircraft manufacturer builds an inventory of planes, especially if you want to pick your avionics options.

Fine, I'd wait a year.  But I would NOT put money down in advance.  Give me a production slot without money down, or I'll wait until somebody who paid for the slot backs out and take their airplane.

You are right, they are not cars.  Car manufacturers can be relied upon to produce a car when you order one, and they usually only charge a few hundred bucks to confirm production.  Airplane companies often charge 10% or more up front, then make buyers wait insane time frames and often never deliver and keep the money.  You can play that roulette game if you want, I won't.

What any of this has to do with new vs. used planes, I have no idea, other than you like to rant on that.  But now that you brought it up, I'd have to pay around $100,000 more than I paid to get a new CT.  I could upgrade my current CTSW to have *exactly* the same equipment as a new CTLSi, including a new 912iS Sport crate engine and full Skyview suite, for about half of that.  That would leave me $50k to pay for fuel, maintenance, hangar...enough to pay all the operating expenses of the airplane, maybe for its useful lifetime (or mine, whichever comes first).

Now...which airplane is not a bargain? 

I agree

Total nonsense.

Archived