Sign in to follow this  

I attended this course several years ago. I found the instructors to be very informed, professional and dedicated to their students. We were given ample opportunity to discuss issues with them and I found them open to updating their information if something new was available. At no point did I feel they were giving an absolute "This is the way it is and will never change" position. What I got is that it is your responsibility to learn what is needed to both be safe and legal. They provided sources we would need to go to find the information to make the best decision to meet those ends. As you read through this site you will find many instances where there are different interpretations of "the right way" to do things. It is up to us as repairmen, owners, and pilots to ask questions and learn what is needed. As Keith says in the posting above "We are free to disagree and doing so in a polite and cordial manner will make for a more pleasant exchange of ideas and opinions." 

I'm wanting to take the LSRM class but I need the trike add on. Does anyone know if they have that add on. Apparently, their competition won't let me do an add on with them. They would make me retake the LSRM again with them just to get the trike add on. I need the trike add on.

I really want to take this course, but alas, I live in the ONE state that can't isn't allowed to take it (Kalifornia)... Because of a "gray area" about out-of-state distance learning.

Hopefully the grey area is clarified and the issue is resolved and BRCC are able to accept students from Kalifornia.

Jonathan
ctflier.a518b0@nicoric.com

Here's another option for both classes, Rainbow Aviation – The Light Sport Professionals

Not sure if you're seeking the 2-day or 3 week class.  If two days, and there are enough people in CA to fill a class (~15), they may add CA location.  I arranged to have them come to MI for a class in 2020.  All it takes is an EAA chapter who can host the class, typically in a hanger at an airport, and an opening with instructor.  I believe they moved out of CA just a couple years back.

Second, curious what is the fine or penalty CA imposes on the residents for this.  Michigan governor made a lot of headlines on executive orders, fortunately we reeled her in removing that power, and things have been what I'd say is normal life the past 6+ months.

I just started this class this week. I think there are a few openings as of today. Much of the class will be remote at your pace combined with in person labs. Not ideal but for in state $900.