Looking for late '08-09 CTLS

AZAV8OR

I am looking to purchase a late '08-'09 CTLS. Minumum equipment:

-D100/D120

-Garmin 696 GPS

-Garmin 330 xponder

I am selling my Cirrus SR20 and am totally stoked about joining the Flight Design community. The sooner you all help me find my new airplane, the sooner I can start sharing the LSA world with you!

Thanks in advance for any leads.

:D Kevin

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One slightly used CTLSi in Nome Alaska, where is, as is. Check Alaska 2014 for details.

Sorry could not resist.

Farmer

I can see your tongue-in-cheek from here, but cannot find any refernces to what I assume is an pranged airplane in AK.

:D

Kevin,

Welcome!

Ex-COPA by any chance?

Thanks. TimG and I were talking about you behind your back Sunday. :)  Seems like we need to meet. Where do you live/work?

Re: "ex-COPA" - NEVER! I will remain a COPAN, regardless of selling my SR20. There is a tremendous wealth of non-Cirrus specific information, not to mention the cameradrie I enjoy. It's also fun when things get feisty! I'm also driving the tradeshow for Migration12 in Vegas. I suspect I'd get burned in effigy if I bailed...

Hi,

The high-time hours lead me to believe this a/c has been used as a trainer. If so, no thanks. That said, as I'm new to the FD world, are there things I am not aware of that should make me take another look? BTW, I'm looking at an a/c in LA that has all the same toys and 380 hours - $115,000 (I'm hoping he will negotiate).

Thanks!

:D

We have a new CTLSi coming early 2015. It can be configured to your specs and we can take your SR20 in on trade!

Hi Eric,

While I'd sure love a new CTLSi, it would not be in the best interest of my retirement account... or my marriage! :lol:

Are there very many with 330 xpndr?  It seems most of us have the 327.

My Archer had TIS and my Cirrus has L3 Skywatch.  I consider traffic alert to be as critical as the BRS. As much as I rely on the Mark One Eyeball, the day has been saved more than once by BItchin' Betty yelling "traffic! traffic!"  :)  I can use ADS-B on my iPad with Foreflight, but much prefer TIS in busy terminal areas.

Trading your Cirrus for Eric's CTLSi sounds like a good way to kill two birds with a single stone.

A second stone would come from my wife's direction! ;)  She is very supportive of my aviation addiction, but a brand-spankin' new airplane would not, um, fly! Even if I had the spare coin, I'd never buy a new airplane; I'd rather the first owner handle the squawks and take the first-year depreciation bite!

A second stone would come from my wife's direction! ;)  She is very supportive of my aviation addiction, but a brand-spankin' new airplane would not, um, fly! Even if I had the spare coin, I'd never buy a new airplane; I'd rather the first owner handle the squawks and take the first-year depreciation bite!

That's my thinking too.  I didn't know if your Cirrus was late model or not, I thought you might be able to be close to a straight swap.

That's my thinking too.  I didn't know if your Cirrus was late model or not, I thought you might be able to be close to a straight swap.

Equipped like I want it, a new CTSLi is probably $30k for than I'll get for the Cirrus ('02). I'm hoping to actually put some money back in the bank by buying a '08-'09 model.

|Hey have i got a deal for you!!!!! im looking to get into a SR 20 and i have the exact plane you want!!! garmin 696 tt autopilot ..... oh wait.... its the Canadian version with constant speed prop and -12 deg flap setting :( …. Unless you know how to get around the red tape J

cant seem to figure out how to post pics !!  but there is one in my galary

|Hey have i got a deal for you!!!!! im looking to get into a SR 20 and i have the exact plane you want!!! garmin 696 tt autopilot ..... oh wait.... its the Canadian version with constant speed prop and -12 deg flap setting :( …. Unless you know how to get around the red tape J

cant seem to figure out how to post pics !!  but there is one in my galary

I'm new to the LSA world. I assume from your comment that I cannot fly your version in the US? Odd...

Archived