Looking for late '08-09 CTLS

AZAV8OR

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ease into it and get plenty of transition training...a lot of pilots of heavier airplanes have come to grief trying to rush the transition.  LSA do not fly like heavier airplanes with heavier wing loadings.

Andy,

Totally agree. Eric Swisher is transitioning me. I'm going to have to get happy feet aagin, for sure!

• 2 weeks later...

Lone Mountain in KVGT North Las Vegas is both Cirrus and Flight Design distributor.    You will find the FD and Cirrus share much.  You got a great aircraft and will really like the Garmin 796.  I have a CTLSi with dual Dynon Skyviews and the 796.  If yours is setup with the autopilot to fly the flightplan you enter into the 796 you are as slick as it gets.

Tips on the 796.  When you remove it for updates make sure to reseat it and test it before getting off the ground.  I have gotten mine back in a little skewed and had it freeze in the air then have to return to the ground to reseat it.  You can put flight plans you make online into it via an SDS card, you cant update it for flight plans from the PC dongle they have for software updates.

The Dynons are updated via USB, and those updates are free.  The Garmin updates have a subscription fee.

Make sure to take a few laps with the CT owner do get a transition done.  The Cirrus and the CT share slippery, low drag but the CT is smaller and the nose reacts much more pronounced when you change flap settings - on takeoff or in the air.  Landing a CT high wing will also be a little different than your low wing, and the sight picture for the CT is unique due to the snubbed nose which means the centerline has to be between your legs, not down the nose.

This forum has a lot of experience on it, but we all own different models of the FD product and have somewhat different characteristics and configuations due to that and what they are equipped with in regard to avionics etc.  But this is the place to be if ya wanna stay current on your new toy.

Hi,

Thanks much for the tidbits. My CTLS is arriving tomorrow evening (weather permitting!). I'd like to speak with you for two reasons:

1) Your comments about the CTLS. BTW, I'm transitioning with a very experienced FD CFI.

2) I'm driving the COPA M12 tradeshow and want to ask if your organizaiton would like to attend.

My cell is 602-920-5400. Can you call when you have a moment?

Kevin

Congratulations Kevin,

don't forget to review the change of ownership page on the Flight Design USA web site so you can update the information

http://flightdesignusa.com/support/owner/

Thanks! And, will do on the ownership change. I'm for sure doing that as she's got 3 more years of warranty. I've never owned an airplane with a warranty!

:D

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Kevin! 

Having sold an SR20 and bought 2 CT's, I think I know where you are coming from ... or going to ~~ >  :D.  

Did you ever find a CT?  If not, I have a 2007 CTSW and a 2010 CTLS and would sell either ... or both! 

~~ Johnny

Hey Kevin! 

Having sold an SR20 and bought 2 CT's, I think I know where you are coming from ... or going to ~~ >  :D.  

Did you ever find a CT?  If not, I have a 2007 CTSW and a 2010 CTLS and would sell either ... or both! 

~~ Johnny

Hi Johnny,

I bought a darn-near-new 2012 CTLS with 90 hours on her. I've got 10 hours on the Hobbs and just love it! I still have my SR20 for sale: interested? :D

Hey Kevin! 

Congrats on your CT!  You are going to have a blast!   My wife and I are both pilots and have "his and hers" CT's.    We started our flying with the SR20

and then transitioned to the SR22 Turbo.  Great bird but I finally figured I could either fly the Cirrus or retire someday, but not both!   :D  Now 

we are looking to go experimental way ... Glasair, RV, etc.  If you know anybody looking for a nice CT, we have it!  

Happy Flying! 

~~ Johnny

Hey Kevin! 

Congrats on your CT!  You are going to have a blast!   My wife and I are both pilots and have "his and hers" CT's.    We started our flying with the SR20

and then transitioned to the SR22 Turbo.  Great bird but I finally figured I could either fly the Cirrus or retire someday, but not both!   :D  Now 

we are looking to go experimental way ... Glasair, RV, etc.  If you know anybody looking for a nice CT, we have it!  

Happy Flying! 

~~ Johnny

It is a really fun a/c to fly!

• 3 months later...

If you're still looking, I have a 2009 CTLS, full glass panel, and all the goodies with less than 150TTeng/airframe.  Looking for $98K.  505-259-3160jeff

I've been flying (and loving!) my 2012 CTLS Skyview since July. Good luck selling your airplane.

Archived