Cat transport

Tip

Have any of you transported a cat and how did it go? My daughter bought a 12 week old kitten that's a one hour flight from home. My concern is the noise level. The kitten is small enough that it could go in the baggage compartment in a soft pet transport container.

Sedative and a normal transport carrier.  HOWEVER, I carry the critter up front with me.  Either attached to the empty seat or in the lap of the passenger.  I believe their ability to see 'their people' is an important factor. In our case, she is 'automobile experienced', which may be of help to her adjustment.  You might try a couple of trips around the neighborhood before the flight.....  Also, in our case, the cat is two years old and has been traveling (auto, boat, air) since a kitten....

Why traumatized a very young cat that you are removing from its family. You want it calm, relaxed and bonding with its new owners. Not traumatized, mis-trusting and scared out of it skin in a new home or afraid of its new owners.It will be traumatized enough just taking it away from the only family and home it knows. If you wouldn't do it to a 1 month old baby in our noisy plane and take it away from its mother why do it to an animal?

Drive your car for the cat not for the people.

• 6 years later...

I recently ship my cat using Citizenshipper service. I like their service because my runner was caring, professional, flexible and someone i felt immediately comfortable with entrusting my car for a 3-day trip.

Also I had control in my decision in reviewing the offers which came in, selecting my transporter based on my personal needs. If anyone looking then they can check their cat shipping service.

Hope it help