Burning Man 2014

CT4ME

At least one of our intrepid Alaska CT Fliers is supposed to be at Burning Man this week.  Here's a live video feed of the happenings.  If nothing else, take a look Saturday Night for "the Burning of the Man".

Live Video Feed  http://www.ustream.tv/burningman 

Best viewed while listening to Burning Man Information Radio... BMIR http://bmir-ice.streamguys.com/live.m3u  

I went several years back, stayed in the airport.  'Hope to get back next year.

Anyone else going?  CT Flier and Burner  Jeff - MrMojoinco should be there, too.

At least one of our intrepid Alaska CT Fliers is supposed to be at Burning Man this week.  Here's a live video feed of the happenings.  If nothing else, take a look Saturday Night for "the Burning of the Man".

Live Video Feed  http://www.ustream.tv/burningman 

Best viewed while listening to Burning Man Information Radio... BMIR http://bmir-ice.streamguys.com/live.m3u

I went several years back, stayed in the airport.  'Hope to get back next year.

Anyone else going?  CT Flier and Burner  Jeff - MrMojoinco should be there, too.

Larry and Louise are there.  Here is a picture of his bike he had built in Tenn just for burning man. 

It is a side by side solar powered bike with two deep cycle batteries. 

Supposed to be able to sustain 6mph with good sun which they should have.post-648-0-75738000-1408925647_thumb.jpg

Just returned to the real world this PM. Do not believe what you have been told about Burning man event, it is sooooo... Much more. I did get an aircraft ride over the event during the second day and if I had not seen 70000 people camped on a dry lake bed I would not have believed it. Noticed N175LM a CTLSi parked near the temporary airport.

Many people are acting the fool, but there are regular people everywhere as well. My next tent neighbor was a young lady from San Fran who on a regular day is a DVM for small animals. Next to her was a store general manager for a large club warehouse Costco outlet in California. Then the couple from London, England then the 14 kids from Belfast Ireland, etc, etc.

Got to go now I am not sure where or how this tattoo arrived but My wife hopes it will wear off me eventually. Many more stories not fit for printing here.

Farmer

'watch much of it through the live feed, and we had a little Burning Man party while watching the burn live... 

10639516_10203862218508696_2986529074420

13628_10153120831159046_1194181591383207

Just my size wine glass. I am no doctor but I think you REALLY need to go next year, we can talk later. I need to find old Cessna 172 and gift rides ASAP.

Burner

Here is view from the top.

Can you just fly there and land on the temporary air strip?  anytime?

I thought you need a ticket to enter burning man...?

I just saw burning man documentary via Netflix and I thought it is incredible!

Documentary said 50,000 in 2012...now it's 70,000??????????????????

Unbelievable growth in just 20 or so years...

More and more we dip our-selves in digitized world, we crave for human contacts.

Can you just fly there and land on the temporary air strip?  anytime?

I thought you need a ticket to enter burning man...?

I just saw burning man documentary via Netflix and I thought it is incredible!

Documentary said 50,000 in 2012...now it's 70,000??????????????????

Unbelievable growth in just 20 or so years...

More and more we dip our-selves in digitized world, we crave for human contacts.

My understanding is that the airstrip is kept separate from the event, and is outside the event area. If you land there, you have to buy a ticket to enter the event proper.

You need permission at the temporary airport to land with a coded response from Unicom. You need to purchase a ticket before you come as only ice, coffee and other small drinks are sold. You must bring any water, food, shelter, and non-motorized transport needed. The airstrip is part of the event within the fence. The tickets are expensive and hard to come by. My tickets had to be purchased in February and cost, more than $650. each. Then a fee for RV, car or aircraft. It is VERY dusty and hot sometimes in dust storm visibility less than 100 feet, and can last for hours during late afternoon.

There are portable restrooms and emergency services along with security provided. Now for the good news many (1000's) of smart friendly, talented people. I did not see anyone drunk or did not see drug use in public. Much unique art in many media everywhere. I did miss Kenny Rodgers country as techno music is the order of the day and all night as well. The party was pretty much 24-7.

Check the web site Burning Man as well as YouTube. Don't judge until you experience. I think I have added some "friends for life". We will see.

Happy Burner today, farmer next week

You need permission at the temporary airport to land with a coded response from Unicom. You need to purchase a ticket before you come as only ice, coffee and other small drinks are sold. You must bring any water, food, shelter, and non-motorized transport needed. The airstrip is part of the event within the fence. The tickets are expensive and hard to come by. My tickets had to be purchased in February and cost, more than $650. each. Then a fee for RV, car or aircraft. It is VERY dusty and hot sometimes in dust storm visibility less than 100 feet, and can last for hours during late afternoon.

There are portable restrooms and emergency services along with security provided. Now for the good news many (1000's) of smart friendly, talented people. I did not see anyone drunk or did not see drug use in public. Much unique art in many media everywhere. I did miss Kenny Rodgers country as techno music is the order of the day and all night as well. The party was pretty much 24-7.

Check the web site Burning Man as well as YouTube. Don't judge until you experience. I think I have added some "friends for life". We will see.

Happy Burner today, farmer next week

Thx Farmer. I feel a headache coming on already!

I think I go to bed now around 1030pm!

Archived