Any new news on the C4?

N324SK

Hi Folks,

This is my first post.  I understand the first flight of the C4 will be in Spain this month, Oct'14.  Perhaps it has already happened.  I haven't seen anything new on the aircraft on the Web since April'14.  I have Early Bird slot # 93!

Sam

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't even know a 3X was an option. We have the G900. I will try to get some pics on sometime soon. It is really close to how the cirrus is mounted. It's behind the pressure bulkhead and the front support straps run down along the side of the fuselage under the door to firewall motor mounts. There is only one door of course, but the passenger side mimics the location on the pilot side. The rear strap is attached near the bucket the chute is mounted in close to rear pressure bulkhead. Who is going to be your builder? We used Aaron Brooks of Advanced Aviation in Bend , Oregon.

The piston Evo will not cruise at 275knts. I have been on several Evo flights, and most of the turbines cruise at 275 to 285, so I doubt you will see that speed in the piston. Flat out cruise at 28k with the PT 135 A at ISA will be 285 to 300 depending on gross weight and who built the airplane etc.

• 2 weeks later...

The article reads that John Hurst is involved as an independent consultant for the C4. My experience with John is that his planes where prepped for delivery in accordance to a specific and detailed punch list. John's involvement is a huge plus for the project.

• 2 months later...

Can't say how I got this information but the realistic delivery of first production C4 will not be until Jan. 2016.  If you are 50 or higher in the queue you won't see a plane till Jan 2017.

First test flight is scheduled for next month, probably around mid Feb.

If you are 50 or higher in the queue you won't see a plane till Jan 2017.

I ordered in October of 2012 but have never known my position in the "queue" as you say.  I e-mailed John Gilmore but his e-mail says he's out of office.... anyone know how many orders have been placed at this point? I feel like I remember seeing that number published once. Regardless it sounds like we'll owe the next deposit ($14k?) pretty soon if they hold us to the contract in a timely manner.

I ordered in October of 2012 but have never known my position in the "queue" as you say.  I e-mailed John Gilmore but his e-mail says he's out of office.... anyone know how many orders have been placed at this point? I feel like I remember seeing that number published once. Regardless it sounds like we'll owe the next deposit ($14k?) pretty soon if they hold us to the contract in a timely manner.

You should be able to get your number from Tom Peghiny of Flight Design USA.  I heard the next deposit was supposed to be due after they do the prototype testing. 

Archived