Just for comparison:

For those of you that airplanes equipped with SkyView autopilots, could you please post:

1)  Which version of Skyview software you have installed.

2)  Autopilot roll and pitch settings (which are displayed on the autopilot setup pages).

3)  Pertinent notes which may be helpful in making adjustments.

Thank you in advance.

I am currently running V 11.1 but the issue has been around for many versions. What I encounter it, it is out of the blue, and I will experience a gentle oscillation around the track, both ground track and flight plan track. I think what triggers it is wind aloft. I enter the AP adjustment menu (roll only) and reduce both parameters. I think I'm currently at sensitivity @ 8, and gain @ 1.0. Pitch has never an issue. I also upgraded the roll servo to the SV42 due to slippage. My ailerons are out near the end of the wing. In a slip, I use full rudder and adjust with aileron.

Some days no issues and some days the oscillation starts 4-6 degrees left then right of course. Easy to adjust sensitivity in flight.

Interesting.......... A week ago I flew from Jackson Mi to Ft Myers Fl. My first stop was in Athens Ga for fuel and stretch. At 8500 ft, I had A quartering tailwind of 40 to 50 kts resulting in ground speeds of 140 to 150 kts which I'll take all day long.

What I did notice was a slight wallowing around with the autopilot engaged in either track or HSI mode. I've got around 100 hours on the plane now (2013 Jubilee edition) and never noticed this before but never had winds like this either.

In talking with John Hurst who recently left Lockwood, he stated he is working with Dynon to try and correct some glitches in the system.

I'll keep you updated as he's going to be looking at my plane shortly after the first of the year.

I'm curious Dan as to how you adjust sensitivity in the air. Perhaps you could explain the procedure?

Archived