Dynon just released SkyView 12.0

WmInce

Tom, I am talking about software upgrades, not hardware. I upgraded via Dynon a while back and was asked to send my units to Dynon to be downgraded beefier the next FD upgrade could be installed.

What you are talking about would only apply to a very small segment of CTs, right?

I have no way of knowing how many SkyViews have been installed in the field by LOA, but I know there have been some. Depending on how the wording is in the LOA they may be able to use current Dynon software. I am not saying they can. I am saying it might be OK for those airplanes with field installed units under a LOA.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as I know, and contrary to a straw man assertion by burgers, nobody has ever suggested CT operators upgrade SkyView beyond what FD authorizes.

That withstanding and according to the published data by Dynon, it is obvious that version 12.2 has some excellent improvements and too numerous to post here.

This thread was started to bring attention to the progressive improvements of SkyView and where the product is headed, not what is authorized or not by Flight Design.

Just for the record and contrary to what Burgers is assuming, nobody here has advocated upgrading a CT beyond version 11.1.  Matter of fact, some of us are still using version 6.2.

That withstanding and according to the published data by Dynon, it is obvious that version 12.2 has some excellent improvements and are too numerous to post here.

What in the hell is wrong with that?

Bill, I caught what you were saying. Just curious what the LOA for your airplane allows for updates. Does it just cover the version as installed in the airplane, does it need to be vetted by Flight Design, or can you use the latest Dynon version?

Bill, I caught what you were saying. Just curious what the LOA for your airplane allows for updates. Does it just cover the version as installed in the airplane, does it need to be vetted by Flight Design, or can you use the latest Dynon version?

More importantly, is the LOA/MRA silent on the issue of updates?  In the absence of specific guidance on firmware from Flight Design, I'd take that as you are free to use what you want, in accordance with the avionics manufacturer's (Dynon) recommendations and guidance.

More importantly, is the LOA/MRA silent on the issue of updates?  In the absence of specific guidance on firmware from Flight Design, I'd take that as you are free to use what you want, in accordance with the avionics manufacturer's (Dynon) recommendations and guidance.

It is wrong to misrepresent Flight Design on this subject...and wrong to mislead owners in regard to Dynon Skyviews.  Flight Design has specifically restricted the version level...  Anyone loading a version of Dynon software not approved by Flight Design is violating that directive, and worse, playing with fire.... 

Flight Design USA is testing version 12.2 right now, but they have said it is NOT approved for updating yet.  Version 11.1 is distributed to Flight Design service centers.  But no official announcement of the release of that software has been made yet either.

Again, for those owners that want to remain under Flight Design factory guidance, contact Lone Mountain in Las Vegas, or Flight Design USA directly and find out what is approved and how to do your updates.

It is wrong to misrepresent Flight Design on this subject...and wrong to mislead owners in regard to Dynon Skyviews.  Flight Design has specifically restricted the version level...  Anyone loading a version of Dynon software not approved by Flight Design is violating that directive, and worse, playing with fire.... 

Flight Design USA is testing version 12.2 right now, but they have said it is NOT approved for updating yet.  Version 11.1 is distributed to Flight Design service centers.  But no official announcement of the release of that software has been made yet either.

Again, for those owners that want to remain under Flight Design factory guidance, contact Lone Mountain in Las Vegas, or Flight Design USA directly and find out what is approved and how to do your updates.

No one is misrepresenting Flight Design or trying to mislead anybody. Just a simple question about units that have been added to airplanes in the field, and not those installed by the factory.

. . . "It is wrong to misrepresent Flight Design on this subject...and wrong to mislead owners in regard to Dynon Skyviews." . . .

In your opinion, who is misrepresenting Flight Design and misleading owners?

What is your basis for such an accusation?

Archived