skyview oil pressure sender

Howardnmn

i' m pretty sure my oil pressure sender failed yesterday (big red "X" over oil pressure icon + audio "OIL PRESSURE, OIL PRESSURE" warning. oil leevel is good, oil clean, went thru 4000 rpm runup.

does anyone know replacement Part? (Kavlico, 1/8-27 NPT, 150 PSI, $85, 101693-000)

it's on a 2012 Remos w dual skyviews running latest skyview O/S (12.1?)

I'm on my third sender.  The firewall relocation kit from Lockwood is a must IMO to prevent vibration related failures of the sender.  Since I relocated mine it has been fine.  I think a lot of people are using the equivalent VDO sender that is 1/3 the price of the Honeywell.

Hec the VDO senders are 1/10th the price. You could replace a lot of VDO senders for just one Honeywell. Rotax used Honeywell for a couple of years then moved on. I have a brand new Honeywell if anyone wants it because their Honeywell failed. 

It's funny that some had VDO senders on the engine that never gave them a problem and some did.  I still have my VDO on the engine and don't have any isses. The ones I saw fail most often were the VDO's without the Rotax anti vibration ring. Putting it on the firewall will certainly help with vibration and heat.

Hi Corey,

The VDO senders from Rotax had a heavy brass ring glued on the sender. It was supposed to be for vibration dampening. You could actually heat it up with a heat gun and take it off then silicone it back on another VDO sender. If you bought the VDO sender from Rotax with the ring it was $240 verses $35 from egauges.com without the ring.

I have found though that senders without the ring tend last far longer.

Archived