Finally back in the air!

FlyingMonkey

After six weeks of maintenance, including returning my horizontal stab to FD, doing my annual, and a surprise requirement for a brake job, I finally got to fly again today.

The airplane performed normally, including all the parts that had been worked on. I did three landings, they were all decent. It would have been four landings but my first one ended in a significant balloon and a go around.

I also left the pattern to get some speed. I went up to 114kt indicated (120kt TAS). There was no indication of any issues. I didn't go any faster because the air was too bumpy. On a calmer day I will do some higher speeds.

Back in the hangar I inspected the airplane carefully, and it all looked great. I'm hoping my maintenance is done for a while so I can enjoy the summer flying season!

Andy, glad to hear your back in the air.  Seems like a fairly fast turnaround from FD for the stab.

It was fast.  Including shipping it was about a week and a half.  The majority of the downtime was me and the A&P taking things apart and reassembling, crating things up, etc.  It was just long enough for me to get the annual done during the wait, so it worked out as well as possible in that way.

As mentioned, the airplane felt very solid up to 114kt IAS.  I'll report back when I have made some higher speeds. 

After six weeks of maintenance, . . .

Back in the hangar I inspected the airplane carefully, and it all looked great. I'm hoping my maintenance is done for a while so I can enjoy the summer flying season!

Glad to hear that Andy. Enjoy you renewed toy.

Archived