Happenings at Stanton Airfield, MN

Doug G.

I have had the true pleasure of dealing with Kent Johnson at Stanton since I purchased my aircraft used in 2009.  Thanks Kent!  In 2012, I visited the airport when I had them do major work on my CTSW that I have been very happy with.  I whole heartedly agree with Doug G's comment that it is pretty unique place with grass runways and place on the National Register of Historic Places.  A Stearman biplane just adds to the charm.  They have a fly-in every Father's day that has been on my "to fly to" list for a long time.  

I agree as well.  Kent Johnson took care of my CTLS for the first three years before we moved to Arizona.  This airfield has a wonderful "feel" to it and everyone there understands "CT".  If you are ever in the area please stop in, via plane or car.   Everyone is quite friendly and it feels like what a 1940s airport would have been.  Best wishes to Kent and Marilyn.

I've talked to Kent by phone to get help on some of my CT issues.  He's always been available to provide advice and his experience and technical knowledge on the CT has been very helpful.  I live too far to just drop into the airport but it's on the list whenever I get up that way.

I picked up a CTLS there for delivery to MD this past spring. Kent was great, and I wish I had time to some hanger flying with the locals. Day I was there was the first day of the glider folks coming out of hibernation. Great spot.

Archived