Page, AZ CT Fly-In pictures

Roger Lee

The pics you posted look like it was a rough ride.

http://picasaweb.google.com/105082125372130805816/Page#5530182667535920434

http://picasaweb.google.com/105082125372130805816/Page#5530185854134864594

It was pretty touchy. There was a 12K-14K broken layer with turbulence over the Sierras. Heavy rain in spots. I made it through and got on top for awhile. Drizzly central valley flight then had to punch through another broken layer at 1700ft over the bay to get into PAO in light rain. 6.4 hours total flight time but we had detoured over to Zion on the way back too. Managed to fly through R4808 though which I never thought Nellis would approve.

Drizzly central valley flight then had to punch through another broken layer at 1700ft over the bay to get into PAO in light rain. 6.4 hours total flight time but we had detoured over to Zion on the way back too. Managed to fly through R4808 though which I never thought Nellis would approve.

Kurt,

Did you guys fly it non-stop? What time did you get into PAO? A bit after 2 my XM was showing heavy rain and thunderstorms throughout the south bay area, and throughout the Central Valley from Coalinga north, and to the coast to the west. My total time enroute on the southern route around the Sierra was 6.8, and included stops at KWJF and C80, and some maneuvering around storm cells and to get under low overcast ceilings.

Kurt,

Did you guys fly it non-stop? What time did you get into PAO? A bit after 2 my XM was showing heavy rain and thunderstorms throughout the south bay area, and throughout the Central Valley from Coalinga north, and to the coast to the west. My total time enroute on the southern route around the Sierra was 6.8, and included stops at KWJF and C80, and some maneuvering around storm cells and to get under low overcast ceilings.

Non-stop. We wasted some time around Zion and stuff. Had to detour up north from Lone Pine to get away from the heavy rain. There were no thunderstorms west of Bishop that I could see and nothing more than light rain in the Valley. Landed with 6 Gallons left so could have added a soggy bay tour.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I've finally seen KPGA. A little late to see the group ! I'm doing a big XC, started at KASH , Nashua NH.

Long SW diagonal down to El Paso, across to Phoenix, up to Flagstaff. Saw Grand Canyon, stopped @ Page

for Oxygen refill. Then to Henderson and limited gambling. First time to Las Vegas.

Now at Victorville, then will be heading up to RHV shortly. One of these years I'll make the

trip at the right time for the group get together.

Archived