CTLSi - major delays - frozen deliveries?

swiss_cheese

Ct's will now be MFG'ed in the Ukraine and AeroJones Aviation in Taiwan. The slowness has been from transition to the Taiwan facility and C4 development so now extra personnel and added MFG power will help stem that.

Have there been any new air frame deliveries to US dealers , in the last 6 Mo. ?

Cheers

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not willing to throw FD under the bus on this.  I'd wait for a comment from them.   We know the political mess in Ukraine, and FD just opened production in China...there may have been very valid reasons for any delays in the last year or two.

I really, really want to make sure people know; it's taiwan, not china. Very big difference between the two countries in how they handle their manufacturing...

I really, really want to make sure people know; it's taiwan, not china. Very big difference between the two countries in how they handle their manufacturing...

Thanks.  I agree, Taiwan is a close ally of the US and one of the most "western" countries in the far east.  China is, well...China.  :)

The production is in China. The company is owned and managed by AeroJones Aviation who is located in Taiwan. They are building airplanes under license from Flight Design GMHH in Germany.

Lots of US companies have manufacturing plants in China. John Deere, headquartered in my town has China plants. Apple makes iPhones in China, just to name two.

There's also a lot of marked decreases in quality of manufacturing when some of these places do that, and many, many cases of quality control problems even though they are managed by US companies. Whether it's poor management attitude, poor QC, or actually a manufacturing or supply problem in china, (probably a bit of each), I have a high mistrust of chinese products. Often I don't have a choice in using them though.

As for tech sector production: I'm aware of this as well. Companies like Apple have an image to protect, so they are super hard on QC of their products.

Still, we're talking about aircraft production. I hope it turns out to be more like Apple in regards to QC, but it still makes me uneasy.

Anyways, good tooling is often produced by taiwan. It's a decent indicator of the quality of a tool. Chinese tools however are garbage, I have only a few basic hand tools anymore, I've broken quite a few, or they've been thrown away due to poor tolerances.

I would have to believe that FD realizes that it would only require the hint of poor build quality of their aircraft in China to sabotage the history of quality and safety with their current CT line of aircraft.  Actually, I think they might realize improved quality combined with increased production with this new venture.

In dem Insolvenzverfahren über das Vermögen der Flight - Design - GmbH Flugsportgeräte, vertreten durch die Geschäftsführer Herrn Matthias Betsch, Herrn Daniel Günther und Herrn Christian Wenger, Schmiedestraße 2, 15745 Wildau, (Registergericht: Dresden HRB 32961), Verfahrensbevollmächtigte: Rechtsanwälte Andreas Wähnert, Friedrichstraße 204, 10117 Berlin,ist heute, am 15.02.2016, um 12.50 Uhr Rechtsanwalt Knut Rebholz,Gerichtsplatz 7, 03046 Cottbus, zum vorläufigen Insolvenzverwalter bestellt worden und ein Zustimmungsvorbehalt angeordnet worden (§§ 21 Abs. 2 Nr. 2, 22 InsO).Rechtsmittelbelehrung:Gegen diesen Beschluss ist die sofortige Beschwerde gem. § 4 InsO, § 569 ZPO binnen einer Notfrist von zwei Wochen zulässig. Die Notfrist beginnt spätestens zwei Tage nach der unter www.insolvenzbekanntmachungen.de erfolgten öffentlichen Bekanntmachung. Bei einer früheren Zustellung ist dieser Zeitpunkt maßgebend für den Beginn der Beschwerdefrist. Die Beschwerde ist bei dem Amtsgericht Cottbus, Gerichtsplatz 2, 03046 Cottbus, oder bei Verfahren, die vor dem 01.03.2012 beantragt worden sind, auch beim Landgericht Cottbus, Gerichtsstraße 3-4, 03046 Cottbus, einzulegen. Die Beschwerdeschrift muss die Bezeichnung der angefochtenen Entscheidung sowie die Erklärung enthalten, dass Beschwerde gegen diese Entscheidung eingelegt werde. Die sofortige Beschwerde kann schriftlich, durch Erklärung zu Protokoll der Geschäftsstelle oder in elektronischer Form mit einer qualifizierten elektronischen Signatur eingelegt werden (für Einzelheiten: www.erv.brandenburg.de) Amtsgericht Cottbus, 15.02.2016, 63 IN 73/16

Spam can also be used as a verb, where one continues to post a message over and over everywhere. I guess I'm just worried about how toxic this is getting, which will only serve to make a recoverable situation much worse. I feel that discussing the situation should be done, but we should be careful about letting emotions get the best of us.

Archived