Pipistrel Wins 194-Aircraft Contract

gbigs

The Virus SW and its variants are really liked here in Europe and they are quite astonishing in their capability.

I know a guy who runs a SW 100 out of a 200m grass strip.  It's his second Pipistrel and he regularly crosses the Irish sea and the English Channel in it.  He gets  in the region of 135kts TAS at 5000rpm.  Vno is also very high so it's reliably fast.

The most significant drawback compared to the CT (in my view) is the smaller cabin, which requires a much more 'reclined' seating position.  (It beats it in just about every other area.)

The Virus SW and its variants are really liked here in Europe and they are quite astonishing in their capability.

I know a guy who runs a SW 100 out of a 200m grass strip.  It's his second Pipistrel and he regularly crosses the Irish sea and the English Channel in it.  He gets  in the region of 135kts TAS at 5000rpm.  Vno is also very high so it's reliably fast.

The most significant drawback compared to the CT (in my view) is the smaller cabin, which requires a much more 'reclined' seating position.  (It beats it in just about every other area.)

Interesting !

Thanks

Archived