Downloading Skyview Data

andyb

Today I downloaded all the data from my Skyview units, including all the trips that were taken, engine data, etc.

I know that for Garmin and Avidyne, there are parties that have a service that graphs all the data, plots out flights on a map, etc. (Savvy and Cirrus Reports do this.)

Is there anyone that does this for  Dynon data, i.e. takes all the info on the Excel files and makes sense of it?

Thanks,

Andy

I have used Savvy to look at my data.  Not all parameters are included in my Dynon files-- for example, EGT and Coolant Temp were missing.  I spoke to Thanos at Savvy about it.  He wasn't sure if it was a configuration issue or something else.   At that point my technical knowledge was exhausted so I dropped it.  Their free tool is really nice though if you want to look at your flights through the lens of the available parameters.  

Yes, I used the Savvy program and it's very helpful for evaluating engine parameters and the like.

There was another program I used with my Cirrus called Cirrus Reports (although they're not just limited to Cirrus), and they mapped the route, and you could hover over a part of the route and see all the engine and geographic parameters at that point in the route. For example, if you had a less-than-perfect landing, you could see your speed, altitude, and power settings prior to touchdown. Comparatively speaking, the Savvy data is pretty raw.  But, it's way better than nothing.

Andy

Archived