Interesting nearby sights in restricted areas, altitude unlimited, hours continuous

Ed Cesnalis

This one is south of Tonopah, just a short flight from Mammoth

There are three triangles each marked with the number 1, 2 or 3 at the top.  Area 51, Nellis and Tonopah test ranges are nearby and have odd ground markings also...no one knows what these are.. many of them off limits to civilians.

They are likely some kind of military test facility, or they are pranks created by the Area 51 conspiracy freaks.

post-940-0-51774100-1447526530_thumb.jpg

Al,

I guess these are targets, on 2nd look they might be in R807A which is closed Mon-Fri and otherwise by NOTAM.  Maybe I'll check them out on a weekend.

There are lots of targets in the area.  When you look in that direction and they are dropping ordinance it looks like a war zone.

Nevada is a weird place.  I feel like a flight to Area 51 Travel Center just so I can tell ATC that "I'm landing Jackass"  :D

CT,  just fly out to Creech AFB (KINS)...it's East of 95 about 20mi north of Vegas...it's where the drones fly.  It's just inside R-4806W Area 51 is inside it.

But when you land, be ready to be surrounded by military cops in Humvees and German Sheperds.  And be ready to have your plane dismantled and quarantined...MAYBE you will get to come back and put it on a truck and take it home sometime later.

Archived