Good deal on CTSW?

Cluemeister

Based on Roger's numbers, if you recalculate my above numbers for 3.4gph (1.1gph better than the 4.5gph I put in for CTSW), the CTLSi gets an endurance of 7.5hr and a range of 831nm.  So that brings you 25nm greater range at a gost of 55lb useful load.  Still not worth it, IMO.

My personal opinion is that the CTSW is the best airplane FD has made so far.  With the CTLS and CTLSi FD began to erode the great advantage their airplanes had over similar LSA:  very large useful load.  Now there is very little to distinguish the new FD designs from other LSA manufacturers...performance among LSA is similar, price of the FD is the same or higher, range for many LSA is similar (though honestly, anything more than three hours plus reserves is just icing).

I wanted a CTSW since 2007 when I first started thinking about Sport Pilot.  The combination of performance and carrying capacity was unmatched at that point.  Since that time FD has moved toward luxury appointments and away from utility.  The numbers tell the story to me, though I admit to a bias toward carrying capacity and utility in an airplane.   Others will have other opinions and priorities.

My opinion, have flown my brothers, CTLSi back to back with my CTLS, and noticed no difference in torque. CTLS fills my mission requirements.

Cheers

Sounds like the sports upgrade should have been free.  The injected motor was never intended to be a power or torque downgrade.

The Sport Upgrade was free...labor was not included.   The sport upgrade is an all-metal air induction system which improved the engines breathing. The gear box was also upgraded to deal with the added torque.

Here are a few links to ponder:

http://rotaxnews.net/?p=848

http://rotech.ca/rotax-912is

Spoke with the friend of the seller of the CTSW this evening.  Said the owner is unable to fly now, and the plane is in terrific condition.  He said he has gotten tons of calls, but no buyer yet.  He said he expects that the first person who sees it will buy it.  He said a few people are planning on coming to see it this weekend.  Sounded on the up and up, did not sound like a guy looking to make a sale.

Oh well, it's like I used to say when I wanted to buy a certain house and was afraid someone would buy it before me . Don't worry, another one will come along, don't get too hung up on this one.

Oh well, it's like I used to say when I wanted to buy a certain house and was afraid someone would buy it before me . Don't worry, another one will come along, don't get too hung up on this one.

Damn straight. I had to pass on several great deals until the timing was right. Another one WILL come along.

Having flown all 3 types I can say with some certainty that with the same pilot and fuel load the CTSW will get off the ground quicker and climb faster than the CTLSi.

The CTLSi felt a little doggy to me compared to what I was used to.

To be fair I have more time in the CTSW and CTLS than I do in the CTLSi, and the CTLSi was pre sport upgrade. That being said even with the sport upgrade I would stand by my previous statement.

This is way out of hand and is not in keeping with the original poster who just wants to buy a CT.

You guys just chase others who want good conversation and sensible question and answers from their post and make them afraid to post.

Get a handle on your finger clutches. This is getting old.

I have complaints all the time just because of this. I must have over 100 complaints against 3-4 posters. It may be time to weed offending posters permanently.

This site is about information and decent conversation not slandering mean spirited quips.

This is a private site and any more issues between the 3-4 problem posters is going to get them a permanent vacation!

I just don't get it. The 3-4 get warned all the time and it makes no impact.

I don't think anyone will miss the slander or the posters.

Last warning!!!!

p.s.

Post your political views and non essential post on an appropriate website.

This is way out of hand and is not in keeping with the original poster who just wants to buy a CT.

You guys just chase others who want good conversation and sensible question and answers from their post and make them afraid to post.

Get a handle on your finger clutches. This is getting old.

I have complaints all the time just because of this. I must have over 100 complaints against 3-4 posters. It may be time to weed offending posters permanently.

This site is about information and decent conversation not slandering mean spirited quips.

This is a private site and any more issues between the 3-4 problem posters is going to get them a permanent vacation!

I just don't get it. The 3-4 get warned all the time and it makes no impact.

I don't think anyone will miss the slander or the posters.

Last warning!!!!

p.s.

Post your political views and non essential post on an appropriate website.

I think , the CTSW is as good a product as the CTLS/CTLSi and probably better performing, because it is lighter. My point is , on encouraging the OP, to look at the CTSW. And yes I have flown the CTLS and CTLSi back to back and noticed no significant performance difference. And yes some people have made funny comments that made me laugh.

Cheers.

The CTSW's light weight performance is only there when I'm low fuel and solo.  So many LSA flights are at 1320 that the performance increase becomes more fuel or luggage much of the time.

I'm only close to 1320lb when I'm really going somewhere with a passenger.  Most of my flying is at 1050-1200lb.

Archived