Oil Pressure

FlyingMonkey

New sender did not cure the problem. We pulled the right panel yesterday and confirmed everything was well connected to the ground block. We found the wire for oil pressure on the back of the gauges and reseated the bayonet connector. No change. I'm wondering if I might have a second failed gauge, since this is similar to behavior that was fixed with a new gauge last time...

• 1 year later...
On 07/12/2015 at 0:25 PM, procharger said:
912/914 Oil Pressure Gauge and Sending Units

7 KUL 94

Page

of 2

VDO

VDO oil pressure sender part no. V360 003 (5 bar) is to be matched to VDO oil pressure gauge

V350 040 (0 - 80 PSI).

VDO oil pressure sender part no. V360 004 (10 bar) is to be matched to VDO oil pressure gauge

V350 041 (0 - 150 PSI).

The quickest way to identify whether or not your engine has the correct pressure gauge and

corresponding sending unit is to visually verify the 0 - 5 bar or 0 - 10 bar stamped on the sending

unit hex nut (see Figure 1) and assure such is matched to its corresponding 0

-

PSI or 0 - 150

Which one is the right one for Dynon 120

Andy, I believe we have been dealing with "spurious" voltage with our puzzling "rpm rollback" issue.   We are finding that there probably was (is?) a 12v. bleed into the module soft start wiring.  We aren't sure how this occurs but think this may be caused by loose or poor wiring at the ignition switch.  I am posting this update tonight on the "RPM Rollback" thread.  Perhaps you are getting a "bleed thru" of voltage too which is causing your oil pressure to act weird?

Archived