Where is the Stuff?

Fly Boss

Just bought a CTLS and will pick it up in January to fly back from Miami to Virginia.  Selling my Rans S12 aircraft as it is time to move on up.  Being all excited and such about this new acquisition, I'm looking for logo "stuff" like: T-Shirts, Hats, Prop Covers, etc., but for the life of me I can't seem to find anything with the FD name on it other than airplanes.

Danny

Just bought a CTLS and will pick it up in January to fly back from Miami to Virginia.  Selling my Rans S12 aircraft as it is time to move on up.  Being all excited and such about this new acquisition, I'm looking for logo "stuff" like: T-Shirts, Hats, Prop Covers, etc., but for the life of me I can't seem to find anything with the FD name on it other than airplanes.

Danny

what year is the plane?  whats in the cockpit...

2007 model, one of the first.  Actually it is the plane whose tail number is seen in the CT Catalog (N860LS) (not the brochure).  Full glass panel with Dynon EFIS, EMS, Garmin 696, Auto Pilot. Selling a 2007 Rans S-12 ELSA to help pay for it.

I always thought it was weird that FD doesn't have a web store where we could buy logo merchandise.

I think that's a very, very American thing, we Europeans just don't wear baseball caps (especially facing the wrong way LOL)

We

I think that's a very, very American thing, we Europeans just don't wear baseball caps (especially facing the wrong way LOL)

I think the British, in particular, are a quite reserved and conservative lot that would tend to shy away from silly hats.

Usually, that is!

Face_to_face.jpg

I almost never wear hats of any kind.  But I'd love to have some FD logo polo-style shirts and T-shirts.  Maybe even an FD patch to put on a leather bomber jacket!   :)

Ian, can't you imagine how stylish you'd look in this with an FD logo on it:

rylcndengscotrgtglegycpwwiiobv.jpg

I'm glad I have solicited so much conversation on the topic.  As has been pointed out, this is not a new issue (search "logo" on the front forum page) but short of making our own items, it does not appear like there is a suitable source of numerous items.  Once I get my plane back to Virginia, perhaps I'll look into the FD Memorabilia Website.  Who knows.

Danny

Sorry about that.  Very much looking forward to bringing it back home in January.  

I am amazed by the popularity of this particular aircraft.  Look at any pictures online and so many of them have the N860LS aircraft displayed.  This plane was obviously one of the first CTLS produced (07-11-13) and its images are used quite often to this day.  I even saw one image of the panel that is different than the panel in it now.  Looks like the GPS was updated from the 395/495 Garmin to the 695 in it now.  I guess the plane was quite the tramp, getting around as much as it did.

I am amazed by the popularity of this particular aircraft.  Look at any pictures online and so many of them have the N860LS aircraft displayed.  This plane was obviously one of the first CTLS produced (07-11-13) and its images are used quite often to this day.  I even saw one image of the panel that is different than the panel in it now.  Looks like the GPS was updated from the 395/495 Garmin to the 695 in it now.  I guess the plane was quite the tramp, getting around as much as it did.

It was the first CTLS in the state, and it was shown for the first time at the 2008 Sebring Sport Aviation Expo. It was Flight Design USA's demo/media airplane for quite some time.

Archived