CTSW wanted in California

Aero-Nut

There doesn't seem to be as many 2007 CTSW's out there as there are 2006 and earlier, and none newer that 2007. In late 2007 production switched to the CTLS.

For me I like the late 2006 early 2007 CTSW's the best. Mid 2007 they added a spring to the elevator that I didn't care for.

• 4 weeks later...

There doesn't seem to be as many 2007 CTSW's out there as there are 2006 and earlier, and none newer that 2007. In late 2007 production switched to the CTLS.

For me I like the late 2006 early 2007 CTSW's the best. Mid 2007 they added a spring to the elevator that I didn't care for.

Totally agree.  My mid-2007 has the spring as well, it makes the controls too heavy.  At least now I'm used to it and my left arm has grown stronger.  :)

There seem to be a lot more 2006 models than 2007s, and they are pretty much identical (other than the spring issue) and there are still many low time 2006s out there.

Take a photo sometime. I'm curious as to which one we're talking about.

Here's a picture, looking forward in the center tunnel, with the throttle/brake/choke levers above. The arm attached to the pitch torque tube and the attached spring are new for the 2007 model CTSW.  I think early CTLS airplanes might have it also.

20150209_114932_zpsf98993ba.jpg

Interesting. No such spring in the LS.

You could remove that spring by going in from the lower middle panel on the mushroom and disconnecting it from the far side first. I don't think you would have to remove the throttle quadrant (and trust me, you don't want to, it's a HUGE pain in the ass!).

Make sure you have the appropriate approvals blahblah :)

I see the pilot with A10 Bose heasets and the pax with Clarity Aloft (or similar)

are these comparable ?   dis you exchange in flight ?  thanks

and welcome in the CT gang

If I were to buy one of the two today I would get the Bose only because I do not like the ear bud in my ear for any length of time. But I did try the Clarity and it was awesome. My ear starts to itch after about an hour with the buds. If not for that, Clarity would be my choice! It provides very good sound and freedom of movement!

For other 2007 CTSW owners:

I asked about removal of the extra spring, and got an immediate and fairly emphatic response from Arian Folden, the FD Technical Advisor:

"Removal of that spring is prohibited.  Although it may not seem like it, the spring is an integral part of the stabilator system."

Case closed as far as I'm concerned.  We can at least rest easy knowing that 2007 CTSW pilots are the strongest of all the CT pilots.  :D 

Found one in Santa Rosa California. Flew it home today! All I can say is SWEEEEEET!

Hi neighbor.  I'm in the process of relocating from Davis to Grass Valley.  I did a lot of training over the Lincoln Logs.  After I've gotten things settled a little better we should get together.  I own a 2006 CTSW N386JK.

Archived