adevw

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Interesting report.

Looks like NO airplanes were shipped by ANYONE in Q2!  :rolleyes:

Oh, the humanity!

On a serious note, its hard to see how Maule, Mooney and American Champion stay in business, unless they have other significant sources of income than new aircraft sales.

Interesting report.

Looks like NO airplanes were shipped by ANYONE in Q2!  :rolleyes:

Lets see...Flight Design is bankrupt...closed it's doors...owes Flight Design USA and many others hundreds of thousands.  How many planes will be built by FD and shipped in Q2 which ends in 6 weeks?  

The only good news from the report is GA SEP did not go down, but turboprops and business jets did....(wonder what the REAL jobless rate is?)

Lets see...Flight Design is bankrupt...closed it's doors...owes Flight Design USA and many others hundreds of thousands.  How many planes will be built by FD and shipped in Q2 which ends in 6 weeks?  

The only good news from the report is GA SEP did not go down, but turboprops and business jets did....(wonder what the REAL jobless rate is?)

Is there a topic on which you do not consider yourself a subject matter expert?

The deadline to claim the credits is May 10, hope every creditor has claimed.

My boss, and I just came back from Germany, and met the reciever. We hired laywers to claim our credits including 6 aircraft fully paid and one downpayment. So if someone needs help, AeroJones may provide some support.

We are thinking the future of Flight Desing, and try to save the brank of Flight Design in order to keep the CT owners life cycle support. As I posted before, AeroJones management level love the aviation industry, and really dedicated ourselved to the field.

I know here are some experts or creditors andI need your advice. Maybe you can post your advice here or you can write to my email  tai.hsieh@aerojones.com

Tai

@Tai

there is something I don't understand.
You are from AeroJones and AeroJones produces the CTLs for FlightDesign.

Why do you pay for 6 planes you have produced by yourself?

adevw

@adevw

That's before Aerojones can produce CTLS, dated back to 2013, 2014 Aerojones got orders from customers, so paid to Flight Design.

This appears to confirm that FD Germany supplied the Chinese market at the expense of other customers who had prepaid, presumably to gain an early market share.

And the Chinese also had to pre-pay....

I know here are some experts or creditors andI need your advice. Maybe you can post your advice here or you can write to my email  tai.hsieh@aerojones.com

Tai

Tai, what are you seeking advice on?

Curious...

...right now who is providing support for the CT fleet?

ASTM requires that someone is responsible for continued airworthiness, correct?

That would seem to be a huge issue going forward, potentially grounding the entire fleet or requiring everyone to convert to Experimental.

I hope this is being addressed somehow between FD USA and Aerojones.

Is it?

As I understand it FD had to have another entity, not connected with FD keeping the database of owners to provide support and contact in case of a dissolution of the company. I believe it is a requirement for the Light Sport industry. It should be a matter of record somewhere.

FastEddie Said: "I hope this is being addressed somehow between FD USA and Aerojones."

FD USA is providing warranty support but is in the hole doing that...Germany owes them money a lot of money.  FD is not out of business, they are just reorganizing from a debt standpoint.   Aerojones is not FD, they are a subcontractor manufacturing unit.  They do not own the patents or intellectual property.  That's a big reason why they are not in a position to offer factory support for products in the field.

Curious...

...right now who is providing support for the CT fleet?

ASTM requires that someone is responsible for continued airworthiness, correct?

That would seem to be a huge issue going forward, potentially grounding the entire fleet or requiring everyone to convert to Experimental.

I hope this is being addressed somehow between FD USA and Aerojones.

Is it?

As long as we have instructions for inspections and repairs, then the fleet can continue flying. However, if a time comes when a repair needs to be done and there is no responsible party, then the certificate must be converted.

This is also the part where I'll say that in the case that the FAA decides to step in, they can do a couple things:

1: Issue an "Airworthiness Directive". Everyone likes to say they can't do that, but I've not found an actual regulations reference that says they can't, but I HAVE found a regulations reference hinting that they possibly can... 91.327( b )( 3 )! Anyways, I don't think they ever will because then they would be taking responsibility for the aircraft airworthiness and have a lot of legal hurdles...

2: Most likely, they will just revoke all airworthiness certificates for that type of aircraft, in accordance with 21.181( a )( 3 )( iii ): 

"( a ) Unless sooner surrendered, suspended, revoked, or a termination date is otherwise established by the FAA, airworthiness certificates are effective as follows:

( 3 ) A special airworthiness certificate in the light-sport category is effective as long as—

( iii ) The aircraft has no unsafe condition and is not likely to develop an unsafe condition "

This appears to confirm that FD Germany supplied the Chinese market at the expense of other customers who had prepaid, presumably to gain an early market share.

And the Chinese also had to pre-pay....

Tai, what are you seeking advice on?

AeroJones paid aircraft before we can produce by ourselves. Actually, AeroJones is thinking to take over Flight Design in order to support the CT fleet. Frankly speaking, the situation of Flight Design bankruptcy is still unclear, and we don't get too much information from Flight Design either. Since this will be an important decision, I need some advice.

Tai 

Tai, I know a lot of CT owners would like to have some stability, and have somebody who could be the "final authority" on CT maintenance and engineering issues.  I hope it all works out that you (perhaps in conjunction with Flight Design USA) can work something out to be that authority.

Tai - I would expres

Actually, AeroJones is thinking to take over Flight Design in order to support the CT fleet.

Since this will be an important decision, I need some advice.

Tai 

Tai, I will offer an opinion.

If AeroJones took over FD, I think there would be a very quick turn around in the brand's fortunes.

1. It would create headline news in the aviation community around the world.

2. It would immediately restore confidence in the brand.

3. It would bring new orders worldwide.

4. It would fix a lot of things for neglected customers.

And if you took on the C4 project, it would raise confidence levels of a satisfactory outcome to higher levels than have ever been achieved.

Personally, I would love to see this happen.

Tai - I would expres

Tai, I will offer an opinion.

If AeroJones took over FD, I think there would be a very quick turn around in the brand's fortunes.

1. It would create headline news in the aviation community around the world.

2. It would immediately restore confidence in the brand.

3. It would bring new orders worldwide.

4. It would fix a lot of things for neglected customers.

And if you took on the C4 project, it would raise confidence levels of a satisfactory outcome to higher levels than have ever been achieved.

Personally, I would love to see this happen.

@IrishAl

Many thanks for your positive views, and it sounds only good to AeroJones to take over Flight Design.

But, I am wondering what will be bad points to take Flight Design.

We have worked with Flight Design almost 3 years, and we really know how important to keep Flight Design alive. And that's why my boss has been trying to support Flight Design Germany.

Right now, I am trying to contact the creditors as many as possible, and i know the first creditor meeting will be important. So I have to know if the majority of the creditors will support AeroJones to take over Flight Design. of course, AeroJones would like to support the CT owners.

Tai, I know a lot of CT owners would like to have some stability, and have somebody who could be the "final authority" on CT maintenance and engineering issues.  I hope it all works out that you (perhaps in conjunction with Flight Design USA) can work something out to be that authority.

Mr.Morden, thanks for your note, and what's why my boss is considering to take over Flight Design, becasue we hope to provide a stable support to CT owners, and don't want to see the CT downgrade to expermental cat. Tom is honest, and trustful. I like to work with him. He always take his customers on top priority, and I believe that is the way to do real business.

Archived