Flight Design insolvency

adevw

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Aerojones deal may be dead or at least sick. The FD insolvency administrator has announced that the FD order book is again open as from March 1st. They also say that production in Ukraine restarted and "we are pleased to announce that delivery times will be conveniently short and new orders are very welcome." Meanwhile like Gryphon I still wait for CTLSt paid in full back in 2012. When I read this I punched out my new LED monitor so now I am back to using the old one. Think I will just go and drink large quantities of beer and wine while I settle down a bit.

Posted on Flight Design Germany's website from a couple of days ago..

http://flightdesign.com/wordpress/?p=5210

Planes and Parts Are Shipping!
February 17, 2017 By Flight Design

Flight Design GmbH is pleased to report that CTLS, CTLSi and CTSL deliveries are happening from their factory in Kherson, Ukraine.  “We are very pleased to see the first new 2017 planes being shipped to Germany for test flights before being delivered to owners in Europe and the world” said Flight Design COO Daniel Gunther. “The production team at the factory are to be thanked for their support over our recent tough times and also for the quality for new planes as they look great.” Spare parts shipments, which were back ordered are being cleared and a stock of the most important items are also being built up in anticipation of the upcoming flying and training season in the northern hemisphere.  Engineering support, which is a big part of being a responsible manufacturer in aviation, have continued nonstop during the last year.

My father in law has put down deposit for a CTLS a year ago, understanding that Aero Jones where building plane, now we hear this news??

So confusing. I feel for all those customers that have waited so long to get hold of their aircraft!

The most frustrating thing, these planes are so dammed good, you hate having to wait so long!

I think your father in law needs to have a serious talk with the dealership that received his payment, and decide what is the status of his aircraft.

Cheers 

• 3 weeks later...

I think your father in law needs to have a serious talk with the dealership that received his payment, and decide what is the status of his aircraft.

Cheers 

Hi Ralacon,

Yep my FIL has had plenty of discussions with the agent in regards to the plane actually coming. The agent is not happy either, he has another customer and himself who have paid entirely for their planes some 2-3 years ago.

I'm disappointed in how FD and now that administrator are taking care of the customers who have paid already prior to the company going into receivership. I guess this happens no matter the business type.

My FIL is just waiting patiently for the moment..

Archived