2012 CTLS for sale: I will pay $250 to anyone who refers the person that purchases 113WT!

AZAV8OR

Understood. My SR22 called for 77kias for a short field, and I found anything much over 80kias led to a lot of floating.

I don't have a POH for the SR22T. I'll take your word for it the speeds are higher.*

And, yes, Cirrus calls for full flaps on ALL landings. The only exception I can think of is training for a flap failure.

As an aside, still looking for you over on COPA. When you do join, please let me know your screen name there.

*edited to add: I found the SR22T POH here: http://sierraskyport.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/SR22T-G5-POH-Cirrus-Perspective.pdf

And you're correct - it says 80-85kias on final. Just bear in mind that's at max gross - I'd tend to lean towards the slow end of that range when light.

Joined this morning.  Nic is gbigs.  Only made one post so far.  Don't plan more.  Reading the forums.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With my initial training, and solo, in a Cessna, I thought I knew how to fly.  Imagine my surprise with my first flight in a CTsw.  Geez, those pedals do something!  I can truly say I didn't learn to fly until the CT.

And while it is light, and can be bounced around something fierce, it sure can handle xwinds.  12-18kts is textbook and 25+ is doable.  Yippee ki yay

I see you as a member , but not that post.

C'mon in, the water's fine!

I learned my lesson here...I am not gonna start out badly over there.  I will listen more, talk less...the plane will take at least two years to get proficient.

Understood. My SR22 called for 77kias for a short field, and I found anything much over 80kias led to a lot of floating.

I don't have a POH for the SR22T. I'll take your word for it the speeds are higher.*

And, yes, Cirrus calls for full flaps on ALL landings. The only exception I can think of is training for a flap failure.

As an aside, still looking for you over on COPA. When you do join, please let me know your screen name there.

*edited to add: I found the SR22T POH here: http://sierraskyport.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/SR22T-G5-POH-Cirrus-Perspective.pdf

And you're correct - it says 80-85kias on final. Just bear in mind that's at max gross - I'd tend to lean towards the slow end of that range when light.

My wife and I fly a 2013 SR22T and lighter loaded shoot for crossing the threshold at 78KIAS, 80 to 85 is fine but you do float a ways down the runway.  The best landings are with some baggage and a passenger in the back seat as you can hold the nose off for a long time!

50% flaps are used if your in icing conditions on approach using the FIKI system.  Also if your popping out of IMC at a lower altitude on approach, no need to disrupt a stabilized approach at that point and change flaps.

Archived