Traveling anytime soon

Roger Lee

I remember the "good old days" when my only bitch was being seated in the smoking zone.  When you break it down, after parking, waiting for TSA and getting the rental car and the possibility for weather or equipment delay, it is quicker to just get in one's car and drive if the trip is a one day distance.

I remember the "good old days" when my only bitch was being seated in the smoking zone.  When you break it down, after parking, waiting for TSA and getting the rental car and the possibility for weather or equipment delay, it is quicker to just get in one's car and drive if the trip is a one day distance.

And then when you arrive you have a car you can drive.

Cheers

My wife and I occasionally go to visit her family and friends in Michigan.  It's a 20hr car drive each way from Georgia, and not a fun one.  We still choose that pain over flying commercial, though.  We get to pick our own pace of travel, spend some time together, and as mentioned we have a vehicle to drive at the end of the trip.  

This summer might be our first time making the trip in the CTSW.  Looking forward to a ~6hr trip while still avoiding TSA.  We'll miss having our own car, but my mother-in-law has a spare vehicle we can use during the visit.   

Andy, a 6 hour flight is a nice day trip for our CT's.  Try to pop into KYIP (Willow Run airport, Ypsilanti, Michigan) to say "hi" and stretch your legs if you're going thru lower Michigan. Long runways and the tower guys are friendly.  (We bring them a piece of pie every now and then when we go out for breakfast!)

Andy, a 6 hour flight is a nice day trip for our CT's.  Try to pop into KYIP (Willow Run airport, Ypsilanti, Michigan) to say "hi" and stretch your legs if you're going thru lower Michigan. Long runways and the tower guys are friendly.  (We bring them a piece of pie every now and then when we go out for breakfast!)

Oh yeah, I forgot MI is your domain!  I'd love to stop in and meet you in person.  I'll let you know when we make it up there.

Archived