Ping 2020

ralarcon

If the FAA allows such a thing. 

Correct,but knowing the Airlines, the Navy, the Air Force , the Marines, and all of the Army helicopters will not be 2020 ready on time , I would expect the FAA, would get some common sense and try to equip GA/ Light Sport , specifically, equipped, cheaply and on time by using smaller capable portable/installed systems. Of course, I'm aware that using common sense in the same sentence as a government agency, might be an oxymoron.

Cheers

Correct,but knowing the Airlines, the Navy, the Air Force , the Marines, and all of the Army helicopters will not be 2020 ready on time , I would expect the FAA, would get some common sense and try to equip GA/ Light Sport , specifically, equipped, cheaply and on time by using smaller capable portable/installed systems. Of course, I'm aware that using common sense in the same sentence as a government agency, might be an oxymoron.

Cheers

The military is not getting an exemption....they have said they will simply not be able to fly all their aircraft in civilian airspace....  The airlines are also not getting off the hook.  the 2020 mandate is still a mandate... 

You need the xpndr (1090es) and a GPS/WAAS position source on top of the ADS-B out min gear.

Archived