Anyone know who now owns this CTLS?

Ed Cesnalis

Andrew Wasser used to be at my airport in Tucson. His wife is a Ph.D. and took a job up there so he moved his plane. I did his last annual. He is an LSRM-A.

Thanks Roger,  Is he a formation flyer type?  Does that mean he can works on light sports or just his own?

He's a nice guy. He is a little shy. Not a formation flier. He is legal to work on other LSA, but only does his own. His last annual he came back to Tucson.

I have his phone, but I won't be home until July 10th. I'm in Silverton, CO.

You can follow my Spot link. Was up to 13K elevation today riding up through the mnts. and snow.

He's a nice guy. He is a little shy. Not a formation flier. He is legal to work on other LSA, but only does his own. His last annual he came back to Tucson.

You can follow my Spot link. Was up to 13K elevation today riding up through the mnts. and snow.

2 Questions Roger:

1. What RPM could you realize at 13k?
  2. What was your throttle setting at that altitude? Did throttling back to 5200 work well?

Did you drive or take the narrow gauge?

I have a Polaris Razor 1000.

We are spending 7 weeks riding trails in Utah and Colorado. We have about 1500 trail miles so far. The town of Silverton, CO where we are right now is at 9300'. Rode this morning up through a mountain pass at 12.5K with snow drifts on each side of a very narrow road 12' tall on each side. Lots of water and mud everywhere.

Haven't taken the train because from Silverton you have to stay overnight in Durango before returning in the morning. I can't because I have two dogs that would only eat Marmots and that's too much meat and no ruffage. :)

P.S. The train was in the movie "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid" among others. Some very old rail cars on a siding along the route. Pre air brakes the brake wheels were four feet higher than the car and had to be set and released one at a time as the train was moving on grades by brakeman walking on top of the cars in all kinds of weather. At the time it was the most dangerous and deadly job around.

• 2 weeks later...

P.S. The train was in the movie "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid" among others. Some very old rail cars on a siding along the route. Pre air brakes the brake wheels were four feet higher than the car and had to be set and released one at a time as the train was moving on grades by brakeman walking on top of the cars in all kinds of weather. At the time it was the most dangerous and deadly job around.

Thank goodness for George Westinghouse.

Yup, although it took a government mandate to get the railroads to use them. An unnecessary cost they said. My guess was they also talked about how much freight and passenger rates would have to increase and how it would hurt business.

I was told the RRs only obligation to the brakeman at the time was to move them off the tracks and maybe get the body back to the family.

Archived