24 Mega Pixels

Ed Cesnalis

Climbers aren't much of a market, but I think you can also sell framed Mammoth Mountain prints to skiers. And then there's the art people that would be happy with any pretty mountain photo in their living room.

Mike Koerner

There are the mountain bikers now, they might like this view of the 'kamikaze course/road'?

13710430_1124575964247934_47883598008314

Wow! Very nice pictures Ed. Thanks.

Out of six attempts I've been up Mount Humphreys twice. The trips ranged from expeditions with as many as 12 people (unsuccessful) to as few as just me (1 unsuccessful, 1 successful). We tried in the winter (2 unsuccessful) and summer (2 unsuccessful, 2 successful). We tried the back side (2 unsuccessful) and straight up the ridge in the foreground of the first of these photos (2 unsuccessful, 2 successful). The trips ranged from 5 days (unsuccessful) to a one-day attempt with an unplanned bivouac that extended it to two days (successful).

And though the pictures are wonderful (especially the first by the way, which better shows the peak's prominence and the route) I have a bit of a problem with your reference to Mount Humphreys' elevation as 12,635. Mount Humphreys is 13,986 - just 14 feet shy of being a fourteener. I think you may have its height confused with that of Humphreys Peak, a walk-up in central Arizona.

So, when does Ed's Mountain Light Gallery open so I can buy a print? Climbers aren't much of a market, but I think you can also sell framed Mammoth Mountain prints to skiers. And then there's the art people that would be happy with any pretty mountain photo in their living room.

Mike Koerner

Does this one show your route better?  The detail is very good and the face looks more like good rock in this shot.  

13737645_1126121664093364_20652870276294

• 2 weeks later...

Archived