4K video, 3 axis gimbal

Ed Cesnalis

Is there a remote for the gimbal that enables control from inside the cockpit?  Combined with the GoPro iPad/phone preview, you could see what the camera is seeing while moving it about.  Probably a good time to have the autopilot on, if you are fiddling with cameras, though! 

Yes there is a remote for gimbal and camera.  Yes the auotpilot is a huge aid.  I have been spending my mornings in the lee of the 13,500' Ritter Range.  On a dead calm morning its a scary place to be in a CT.  The winds are smooth, I was climbing at 2,000fpm then 30 seconds later I  couldn't climb then I hit another river of smooth air going another direction that  results in an unusual attitude even with the AP flying both axis.  I started getting upset repeatedly so I bailed for lower altitudes.

I remember the day Steve Fosset went down at Minaret Lake,  it was generally turbulent that day.  Yesterday on a calm day I was in the same spot and it was scary.  I feel as vulnerable as a leaf or a bug.

This shot and all my shots show the need for stabilization.  I call this 'Cowpie Volcano'.

13613526_1116757038363160_80377119406823

I have an old UAV ( collecting dust ) with a camera;

Can I use that camera separately, along with DJI app ?

Internal or external.

RH

I think so, what kind of camera is it?

i.e., can I use the camera with the CT ?

Need an LOA to hang it outside ?

RH

Prolly, dunno

Archived