My own crash

ctspain

ctspain,

Once you get a rough idea of the total repair estimates, you might also try to compare those costs dispassionately against what your old plane might be worth in parts subtracted from the cost of a replacement CT or other LSA.

Miserable situation either way.

Good luck.

ctspain,

Once you get a rough idea of the total repair estimates, you might also try to compare those costs dispassionately against what your old plane might be worth in parts subtracted from the cost of a replacement CT or other LSA.

Miserable situation either way.

Good luck.

If he loves his plane, he'll fix it.

Cheers

HI, it seems damage is not too big. Tail seems will be easily fixed by composite experts. there was nothing really broken, just kevlar sandwich need to be repaired in some parts.

Wings holes didnt affect nothing structural, even top carbon fiber layer and sandwich, bottom layer looks to be ok. Spars ok, no problem.

Prop blades, easy to find at Kaspar.

The bigger problem and more expensive, Spanish flight design is on it, are windshield, nose wheel fork and engine mount. Tomorrow he will send me prices for that.

What about the cowling, prop, and gearbox too?

Both cownlings are nearly finished/repaired with carbon fiber, Just need to send to paint.

Prop, as I said, after contacting to Kaspar, need to replace the 3 blades. It is "just" ordering them.

Gearbox, I will ask Rotax mecanic to take it and check, I already did it 100h ago. I think and hope it will be fine because is has a clutch to avoid damage in this case of problems and also looking to the prop, engine didnt had an extremely hard stop. All 3 propeller blades are in one piece, no one broken, just cracks. (What do you think about that? Am I right?)

Regards.

• 2 weeks later...

Engine checked and perfect, cranckshaft play is even less than brand new engine. Gearbox revised and perfect, no problem or damage.

Pieces ordered to flight design, It seems they are not so expensive as expected, windshield is about 1200 EUR.

As I need to replace front wheel assembly, I decided to install the tundra option. I use to land on dirt strips, I think it will help.

Engine checked and perfect, cranckshaft play is even less than brand new engine. Gearbox revised and perfect, no problem or damage.

Pieces ordered to flight design, It seems they are not so expensive as expected, windshield is about 1200 EUR.

As I need to replace front wheel assembly, I decided to install the tundra option. I use to land on dirt strips, I think it will help.

Good news. Congratulations.

Chhers

Archived