Sign in to follow this  
Ed Cesnalis

CT photos

This thread is for photos of CTs or at least landscapes that include part of a  CT.

This photo is of Mt Humphrys, elev 13,986' near Bishop, CA.  I like the CT and moon in this photo.

13701135_1122717834433747_23779849079758

Nice picture ED.  Do you use a photo shop enhancer?

I have a current copy of photo shop but I haven't used it yet.  This photo had some 'developing' in Adobe 'Light Room'.  Light room work is the equivalent to what you would do in the dark room if using film.  PS work usually means altering the image.

Rotor cloud near Sedona:

p2_zpsnusrnbpx.jpg

Grand Canyon:

20151015_130253_zpsp82cdoh5.jpg

CTs belonging to me, Bill Ince, and Tim parked at Monument Valley (in scuddy weather):

p3_zps3i4bphdk.jpg

Very nice

Very nice

Thanks!  That rotor had me nervous as I had never flown near one before and didn't know what to expect.  It was about 5-8 miles away, and was turning like hell around that peak.  We only got a few bumps there though.

I had to deploy the vertical wing option here otherwise the moon would have been obscured by the wing in its horizontal position.

13700968_1122876204417910_13426358779539

Bill and Tim under the Monument Valley scud layer:

20151017_122927_zpssck21gsz.jpg

Morning mist/fog over the Tennessee River Valley:

20150919_082250_zpslw8pdqie.jpg

Me flying wing for my buddy in his Avid Flyer, patrolling for enemy fighters over central Georgia:

SmooT_zpsrqtt0wo0.jpg

Bill and Tim under the Monument Valley scud layer:

20151017_122927_zpssck21gsz.jpg

Morning mist/fog over the Tennessee River Valley:

20150919_082250_zpslw8pdqie.jpg

Me flying wing for my buddy in his Avid Flyer, patrolling for enemy fighters over central Georgia:

SmooT_zpsrqtt0wo0.jpg

I like the last one

CT,

I assume you're still using the A6000?  Can you tell us what lens you're using on the last few shots.   Also, are the pixel halos just from compression or is there some HDR stuff going on?  ( combination of images ).   I'm still inquiring because I'm preparing for some j-3 shooting back in southern Ohio.

I really like the shots of the Canyon and the mountains.  Wish I lived closer and I envy Ed and others who can enjoy this part of the country.  I took a few "city canyon" shots when we ferried a CTLS to Wisconsin for repair a few years ago.  I have nicer pictures but these didn't have any parts of the CTLS in them:

post-24-0-31689900-1469216674_thumb.jpgpost-24-0-38518300-1469216675_thumb.jpg

I really like the shots of the Canyon and the mountains.  Wish I lived closer and I envy Ed and others who can enjoy this part of the country.  I took a few "city canyon" shots when we ferried a CTLS to Wisconsin for repair a few years ago.  I have nicer pictures but these didn't have any parts of the CTLS in them:

attachicon.gifchicago1_email.jpgattachicon.gifchicago2_email.jpg

Those are beautiful

CT,

I assume you're still using the A6000?  Can you tell us what lens you're using on the last few shots.   Also, are the pixel halos just from compression or is there some HDR stuff going on?  ( combination of images ).   I'm still inquiring because I'm preparing for some j-3 shooting back in southern Ohio.

Yes, still A6000. I do have a new 4K go pro and will be using that too soon.

Windy and bumpy  and hand held on the last 3.  

1. 1/2500 F/4 18mm ISO 125
  2. 1/2500 F/4 18mm ISO 200
  3. 1/2500 F/4 10mm ISO 320

The compression is murdering my images, I often delete the compressed ones here.  If I let  Facebook's uploader compress them 1st and then this site there seems to be a lot less damage.