I have a question, can we talk about Space Exploration ?

ralarcon

Ok, no Space Exploration on random thoughts. Got it.

Cheers

Because bigs was told?  Given the memborship here and NASA's real job discussion makes sense to me.  We talked dozens of pages on NASA losing its way and now that it is reversing we should be silent?  PC has gone to far, its a new day, if we have to constantly check if our posts are permissable / PC then we are still living in yesterday's world.

Like it or not, our world changed, PC kinda lost, are we really going to self enforce it anyway?

Can't I be excited that our president elect has announced that NASA's is moving from Muslim outreach back to aeronautics and space?  It's simply dropping the PC and getting back to the intended job that we fund through our taxes.

CTs competed well in NASA's fuel efficiency competition at first.  To say NASA is of limits would be a mistake, other than the FAA its the government agency that is the most relevant to us and our interests.

Can't I be excited that our president elect has announced that NASA's is moving from Muslim outreach back to aeronautics and space?  It's simply dropping the PC and getting back to the intended job that we fund through our taxes.

CTs competed well in NASA's fuel efficiency competition at first.  To say NASA is of limits would be a mistake, other than the FAA its the government agency that is the most relevant to us and our interests.

Don't get excited it is bad for your heart  :giggle-3307: . And besides, if the powers that be, want to censor our discussions so be it. I guess I'll have to go somewhere else to to discuss Aeronautics and Space Exploration. Not the end of the world. :rolleyes:

Cheers

I was invited to this board because the owner thought my posts had value.  I agreed and have participated but I suspect the invitation is at times regretted.  I like having CT community so I have stuck around but I really don't like being censored much at all.

Notice the progression, it used to be there were 2 ways of doing things and neither was wrong or right, now I'm doing a disservice by not agreeing.  Its far better to listen to both sides than to control the discussion.

I was invited to this board because the owner thought my posts had value.  I agreed and have participated but I suspect the invitation is at times regretted.  I like having CT community so I have stuck around but I really don't like being censored much at all.

Notice the progression, it used to be there were 2 ways of doing things and neither was wrong or right, now I'm doing a disservice by not agreeing.  Its far better to listen to both sides than to control the discussion.

I value your posts CT.  I sorta miss FastEddie...but I see him on PilotsOfAmerica from time to time.  FastEddie was teaching them about Mogas and Decalin.  I recall a couple of years ago arguing over those two things on this board....glad people are starting to get used to the Chute and Mogas in aviation.

I agree. Further more I consider your contributions, thought provoking, worth discussing and also humorous. I guess now a days we have lost our sense of humor. I for one enjoy conversing with you.

Cheers

I agree. Further more I consider your contributions, thought provoking, worth discussing and also humorous. I guess now a days we have lost our sense of humor. I for one enjoy conversing with you.

Cheers

Thought provoking, discussion worthy and humours are the 3 things I shoot for, very cool that it gets through, at least at times :)

This is a valuable site and you just put your finger on what has dragged it down in recent years.  NO SENSE OF HUMOR.  I think peoples right and need to be offended has replaced to an extent my right to genuinely laugh when something is funny.

If its funny to me it will surely offend someone else and a complaint to censor is often the result leaving us talking about air pressure in our tires and other safe subjects.  

This is a CT, LSA and Rotax forum and is here for the fun and education of its members. I personally don't think politics work here as we have seen in the past.

Let's leave this alone and go back to our other topics that have been working over the last few months. There hasn't been any more complaints or hurt feelings. 

This is a CT, LSA and Rotax forum and is here for the fun and education of its members. I personally don't think politics work here as we have seen in the past.

Let's leave this alone and go back to our other topics that have been working over the last few months. There hasn't been any more complaints or hurt feelings.

Agreed. We lost good people because of the politics.

You can't discuss NASA without getting political and there is more than one political viewpoint represented here.

I disagree! NASA can be discussed without it being political. Sometimes people do put a political spin on things, and other times people try and turn something political when it is not.

All the web sites about flying are getting ultra sensitive ,over some political statements,if you don't want politics don't read the post. However the info that pertains to flying is worth the occasional political post. Being a member of POA ,ct flyers, Eaa ,aopa. The more good info the better.

Agreed.  Anything that cast dispersion on someone's political or religious beliefs should not be allowed if you don't want to create a **** storm.

I have seen times when the ****storm happens because someone is overly sensitive, and thinks something said is an attack on their personal views based on their belief that the other persons views are different that theirs. In reality they key on certain words or statements, without looking at what is being said in its entirety.

The NASA post was a forum experimental social test. It did fail, :confused-3316:  but was very instrumental in letting everyone know that everyone has different sensitivity levels. Everyone has different views on what's political or not. Everyone has different irritation points and emotional set points. 

AND that's okay, but it did demonstrate that it was harmful to this forum. Just look at all the heartache the election caused across the US. After talking to a couple of admins the complaints from this post topped over 150+ and since we have had only two complaint total.

In a perfect world everyone could dial out emotions and only think logically with data points, but that isn't people's human nature. It caused many hard feelings whether you think they were appropriate or not they did.

We learn better, share more and become better friends :ive_got_it-1379: without the emotional upheaval political post bring. 

Even this thread has the beginnings of a mild confrontational tone. :fainting-1344: . It isn't about anything flying that we all share and it's just debating emotional responses to politically suggestive post.

If we were all smart we would all turn the other cheek and walk away now and drift back to our good fun post and out of this thread. :)

It's always best to forgive,  forget and be kind and strive to be better towards our fellow fliers and friends. :clap-3332:

Part of the issue is that it is only the politically sensitive issues of NASA that have been talked about. There is a political agenda to this. Not what this forum is, or should be, about.

Ed, as I said, look me up on Facebook if you want to discuss politics or economics.

Part of the issue is that it is only the politically sensitive issues of NASA that have been talked about. There is a political agenda to this. Not what this forum is, or should be, about.

Ed, as I said, look me up on Facebook if you want to discuss politics or economics.

Wanting NASA to pursue space and aeronautics isn't political it's a demand to use confiscated tax dollars as intended and not give up the value received when space and aeronautics are the objectives.

Where it gets political is when you demand silence or that I meet you in the back alley (Facebook) so that the politicizing of NASA could continue without even discussion.

It's political when someone doesn't believe as you do and post the contrary and just for our context I mean on this forum. The post may or may not be emotionally charged, but it is political. We saw 20+ pages of emotional political opinions when the NASA thread was alive. 

I don't NASA in general doesn't really belong on an LSA forum unless they used an LSA for something.

"confiscated tax dollars as intended and not give up the value received"

​This could easily bring out emotionally charged debate because many may not believe this. This alone makes it a hot potato to deal with for many.

The goal of CT Flier is to have a place to talk about CT airplanes.  That is how most of us got here to begin with.  Discussion of taxes, Muslims, and all the rest is a path to wrecking the one real benefit of the site.  

And, for clarity, this has nothing to do with "free speech".  Every one of us is free to set up our own web sites and let anybody post anything they want.  The owner(s) of this site are also free to establish rules for the site.  

The goal of CT Flier is to have a place to talk about CT airplanes.  That is how most of us got here to begin with.  Discussion of taxes, Muslims, and all the rest is a path to wrecking the one real benefit of the site.  

And, for clarity, this has nothing to do with "free speech".  Every one of us is free to set up our own web sites and let anybody post anything they want.  The owner(s) of this site are also free to establish rules for the site.  

So far, I am given to understand this forum is to discuss any light sport aircraft (SLSA or ELSA) or any aircraft that uses a Rotax engines.  Subjects related to aviation in general need to in some way reference or be related to LSA.  Thus there can be no discussion of the FAA, NASA, pilot and aircraft licensing and maintenance, crash/accident reports, general flying subjects, or comparison to other aircraft unless LSA is in there somewhere.

Archived