WmInce   

I own both of these wrenches and have used them on the Rotax oil filter.

Very simply . . . they are perfect.

Both are very high quality, stout, with excellent fit and finish.

------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007KPWBXC?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Q88QCAA?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

http://www.bigbikeparts.com/templates/product.aspx?ProductGuid=4-203&GroupGuid=30#4-203Gallery%5Bpp_gal%5D/0/

WmInce   

Hi Bill,

Do these fit the Rotax filter? I wouldn't mind trying one if they do.

Perfect fit . . . both of them.

Just ensure each wrench is squarely slid on and not cocked to one side. Even cocked, it will still do the job, but it is better to seat the wrench as far down the end splines as possible. Both access the filter with no problem.

Runtoeat   

Bill, I've got a lot of filter removal stuff and a few work "OK".  This wrench looks like it is light, easy to keep in a the tool box and can be slid thru the small gap to get to our Rotax filter.  Thanks for letting us know about it.  I've got larger diameter automotive type filters on other equipment that are hard to remove. I'll see if there's larger versions for these filters too.

The nice thing about this filter wrench is it is thin enough to fit on any of the oil filters that have close fitting exhaust pipes. I don't have mine yet, but looking forward to trying it.

Just got my new oil filter wrench that Bill suggested. :ive_got_it-1379: So far so good and it fits good. I tried it on one filter and it seems to work well. Looking forward to more oil changes.  :)

ct9000   

Can't use anything that says Harley on my plane it might start leaking oil :)

Are you one of those people that are expert on Harleys but have never owned one ? Evolution engines do not have a leak problem . Had my '96 FLH electraglide since new and I could park on a white bed sheet  and not leave a mark .

gbigs   

Are you one of those people that are expert on Harleys but have never owned one ? Evolution engines do not have a leak problem . Had my '96 FLH electraglide since new and I could park on a white bed sheet  and not leave a mark .

Maybe he means his GM truck...confuses it with a motorcycle.

BRCC   

With a little bit of filing on the opposite end we are able to use the same wrench for the filter as well as the drain plug on the oil tank.  ;)

post-1637-0-26131900-1490978811_thumb.jpg

The oil tank plug is 17mm.

I loved this filter wrench tip. I now own two of these wrenches. One for home and one for the Rotax. Fits the Rotax, my Honda Goldwing motorcycle and my Polaris Rzr 1K.

Thanks again for a good tip.

Someone threw a wrench into the oil wrench fix. Rotax's new oil filter won't work with this wrench and I haven't been able to find a replacement. It has 8 flat sides.  I have an idea, but may take me a few days to work it out.

The new Rotax oil filter no longer has the check valve and can now be pre-filled again. Your new filter should have a green seal and should have a green dot on the top of the filter.