Aileron Settings

207WF

I was comparing ailerons with another plane the other day and they differ in how they are set up. I notice that the maintenance manual in Section 4.4 says that the zero position for the ailerons is lined up with the flaps in the -6 degree cruise setting. I am not sure how to interpret this, but it could be interpreted as reflex ailerons for cruise. The book also says that the max deflection of the ailerons is 28 degrees up and 12 degrees down. My aileron outer edges line up about 1/4" below the wing tip trailing edges. I am curious, how do other people's ailerons line up at -6 degree flap setting? WF

This may only be partially relevant, but...

When my Sky Arrow was delivered, the ailerons felt terrible. You'd push the stick and it would oscillate a few times before settling down - it felt like incipient flutter - not good at all. :(

The dealer shortened one of the aileron pushrods just a couple turns, which resulted in a tiny bit of "reflex". IOW, when the stick is neutral, each aileron is down a tiny, but perceptible bit.

Made a world of difference, with roll control now feeling "right" with no oscillation.

Archived